AMC: Wednesday June 12, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It didn't feel chopped up like Monday's and I really liked the way it flowed, for example, Heather saying she's not the kind of girl to go after a guy who's taken cuts to Colby in Pete's bed.

Pete & Colby were pretty hot together and for a moment I thought he might try to push her away, but I'm glad he didn't.

Brooke & Dimitri were even better than I expected with their references to the past. I also liked how learning of Brooke's plan for Dimitri was what pushed JR to take the steroids instead of something David said.

I'm still loving JR & Cara.

I like Lea and she does have chemistry with Zach, but he's such a sexist !@#$%^&*] to her. When he said it was the first time she let him call her Lea without being a bitch about it, I was hoping she'd throw him on the floor and kick him in the balls before leaving for bed!

Now that Cassie's home, it's time for the next phase of Angie & Jesse's story to begin with him trying to hide just what extremes he went to.

I was disappointed there weren't any previews for next week, but grateful there wasn't some stupid gag video like OLTL got on Tuesday!

• Members

THIRSTY Colby! Girl is relentless. LMAO at Petey trying to do computer talk while she gave him a blowjob

Eqh56o4.jpg?1zSMHFgt.jpg

Dimitri's teeth are dirty

Brooke doesn't have the curves to fill out the dress she was wearing

Im over Celia. Petey should just forget about this bitch bc she is just too damn childish and not worth the trouble.

BINGO. 5 year gap. You have no idea what she's been through . A lot can change in 5 years. One shouldn't expected to be the same and considering she used to be this way, its not unbelievable that she'd slip back into old ways. Oh and the longest any of the actresses has played Colby was 2 years, not 3.

every Colby was a bitch except for the 5 year old that left town

• Members

I LOVED this episode on just about every level except wardrobe. (Really. Enough with the blue. You're turning me into Tom & Lorenzo over here.)

I'm surprised how moved and excited I was by Michael Nader's return. I was concerned it would be more a service of nostalgia than story but it works. I found the exposition about where Dimitri has been these last few years intriguing and just a tiny bit meta.

From a storytelling standpoint, JR and steroids is potential gold, especially with Cara and AJ in the mix.

That Colby/Pete sex scene was AMAZING. "You stop. I stop." Go on girl.

Darnell is doing some really good work with this story. I have a whole new idea of what I think could happen to Jesse but in the interest of not Hubbard-jacking this thread, I'll keep it to myself until I see something to back it up.

• Members

Meh, I liked Natalie Hall's version. Considering Adam never should've been with Liza romantically let alone procreated NH made the character tolerable for me. This generic whatever sucks. Actress is okay just don't care for stereotypical badgirl brought on for sole purpose of coming between borefest Pete/Celia.

For me, NH's Colby had some substance and was someone I could care about and I felt she had her own personality and could fall in love and care about others. This person? I could care less. I felt nothing by way of caring about her family. No connection with Adam Jr. And I didn't find anything hot about her and Pete. Just felt it went on too long and wanted to see my Brooke/David scene.

It's really sickening that Brooke and Adam have only had children with those they were never in love with. They should've at least had one 'miracle' baby with each other. I guess that was reserved for giving T&D Kathy. RME

• Members

I think that the role of Colby right now is a regression too. Brianne Moncrief did a marvelous job with the character and so sparkly and full of life. Natalie Hall's version of Colby was OK too. She started to mature a little with being out of high school and at PVU. She and Damon made the best pairing. I was not much into Colby and Asher combo. Nu Colby does seem a little out of sync.

• Members

You make a good point here. I never thought about it that seeing her brother get wounded and in a coma for so long would have some kind of mental/emotional impact and affect on her.

You know its coming and from other websites probably too with fan complaints on a scene. They are still complaining about the cursing. Go figure.

• Members

Hey, she was tired. Hopefully she'll get around to doing that next week. I'll admit to liking Zach quite a bit more than I used to (although I couldn't really have liked him less) but his behavior with Lea occasionally veers too close to Todd Manning "Isn't my hatred of women adorable?!" territory.

Dear Lord I hope not. I'd like to think that a young woman as sex positive as Colby apparently is would also use contraception. One of the most noxious forms of misogyny on ABC was the reduction of every woman regardless of age or experience level into a dimwitted concubine so besotted by the awesome masculinity of the alpha dogs that her life's mission became to bless her uterus with the holy duty of incubating his spawn.

• Members

The main thing I remember about Dmitri is that Erica stabbed him years ago, I saw that first run.

Celia is too much of a bulls------, why not just say what the problem is? Colby on the other hand is definitely more direct.

JR is a fool for using steroids and it's probably going to backfire on him.

Now that was a cliffhanger, that was something I didn't see coming at all.

• Members

I think Monday's episode was choppy because the show edited both Monday and Wed. show together.. and showed next monday's episode today. As a result, we lost a couple of character scenes.. plus the Dixie/Billy Clyde Tuggle stuff was short-circuited.

Colby/Pete are hot together! I like that Colby is more direct, but I'm hoping that more layers are added to her again. Brianne M was ok, but she was too goody goody and miscast.. and Natalie H was bitchy and chewed scenery as if she was forced to starve for weeks. I do agree that natalie H's Colby had a warmer side.. but she was kind of shallow and thoughtless even when she was being nice. I hope the show provides some detail as to what she's been up to for the last 5 years. Perhaps the trauma of that night caused her to split.. and regressed back to a shallow person thinking that if she doesn't care about people then she won't get hurt... at least, that is how I would write it.

Cara/JR have some chemistry... already I'm seeing JR start to revert to his old persona bit by bit.

Dimitri is back!! It is like he never left. He and Brooke have a natural ease with one another, makes me want Erica to come back for a visit and act opposite him to see if there is any of the old magic.

Today was the first day that I liked Zach/Lea together, and that she had some good putdown lines for him.

No previews :( However, the episode was very balanced and glad that Cassandra is back home... hopefully, the meat of the story is the aftermath and her adjusting to life back in Pine Valley. I wonder if fellow captive Eileen will be back since I liked her character (she could be a modern day Estelle.. or how Randi should have been).

Also, for those knocking Dimitri's looks... He's pushing 70 years old.. and considering all the drugs he used in the past, he looks pretty good to me.

Archived