OLTL: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought Natalie's meltdown was a little OOC. I think she'd be hurt and angry, not a whimpering mess. I did like the scene with Natalie and Tea. It's always nice to see supportive female relationships on a soap.

I had some issues with the whole Matthew/Destiny dinner. I wish we'd seen Nora and Bo talking about doing this, as I'm not sure Bo would even want to push this way. The whole thing with Drew being left alone and Matthew being angry was somewhat shoehorned in. Matthew flirting with Destiny and then bolting as soon as he can talk to Michelle makes him seem like a total !@#$%^&*], yet again. I never liked the Matthew/Destiny relationship as anything but a friendship (if it was even that most of the time), and I think making this some quasi-star-crossed saga while Matthew also has them with Michelle and Dani just makes him seem like a borderline sociopath.

I did enjoy seeing Dorian and David involved in this story, and really enjoyed the brief sparring between Nora and Dorian, but the whole thing just seemed crammed together.

Jeffrey blathering on and on and on about Ezra Klein and then telling them he's just like Ezra Klein Jr. - did they have to say all that [!@#$%^&*] in order to get the right to use Klein's name? And is it really that awesome to be the #1 blog at Washington Post when they have such wonders as Chris Cilizza and Jennifer Rubin? And why should I care if Jeffrey thinks he's going to be Ezra Klein? How random is that? Did he just crash their meal to say, "Hey I'm blogging and I'm the new Ezra Klein"? And why was Viki dressed like Niki?

The Blair/Todd stuff at least moved story forward, so I liked that.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoy Viki and Dorian's heated arguments, especially back in the day when they were Victor-centric. I have never really cared for their, "Us friends? Who'd-a-thunk-it?" scenes, except whenever Robin was leaving the show. That I got, I could appreciate the gesture. But many of my favorite Viki and Dorian scenes are when they are not at war, but having a conversation out of need concerning family/business, or just bumping into one another, and there is this palpable undercurrent of general annoyance. The notion that they simply do not care for one another. There's a scene from when Elaine Princi was playing Dorian and she runs into Viki at the hospital and the epic eye roll Erika Slezak does cracks me up. Viki losing her [!@#$%^&*] when Dorian isn't even intentionally irking her brings out some of the most unintentionally hilarious (but in a good way) reactions from Slezak. I wish I could see how they interracted in their early scenes before Dorian's relationship with Victor was a factor.

Archived