OLTL: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with this- the smugness comes out particularly with JvD Clint. I'm not sure if I like this Clint/Viki pairing now that we're seeing more of it beyond the last 2 weeks of OLTL ABC. I love Viki & I cried my eyes out when she opened the door in the first ep. But I want Dorian to enjoy victory for awhile.

• Members

Great episode! Can't believe Viki and Clint have never heard of Washington Post blogger and policy wonk Ezra Klein, but so cool to have him mentioned on OLTL. Hope Jeffrey's first blog post isn't going to be about Pellegrino and send Viki's fortunes down the drain.

The Buchanan dinner and then the beginning of the talk show were great. Like this Matthew who is acting like he hasn't been an absent father, as it shows he cares -- but it wouldn't be a problem if Destiny really had meant things that way. Don't know why he ducked out to take Michelle's call when he could just call her later. Loved him inviting David and David inviting Dorian.

Todd and Blair, Cutter and Blair, Natalie with her parents, Natalie and Cutter ... All excellent. The show works because it cares about developing character and has characters with ties to each other, including established couples -- which AMC is lacking with a lot of randoms and with the way it is not using the connections the characters already have.

Whole episode was a delight. Right down to the image previews with no dialogue, and the hilarious "The Perils of Being a Soap Star" with the clapper accompanying the end credits!

• Members

Actually, the last real revenge stunt Dorian pulled was successful for a time. She took BE out from under Clint, explosed Natalie and Jared, got away with drugging alcoholic Charlie and pouring alcohol down his throat and turning him back to the bottle. That eventually led to Charlie's affair with Echo and broke up Viki's marriage. Before that, Dorian and Viki played some stupid hand of poker for a wager that escapes me, and Dorian won. Viki was crushed. I would say the last few Dorian schemes successfully wrecked Viki's happiness for a time.

• Members

The BE story was over before it began - in no time at all they had Dorian give the company up in exchange for keeping Langston away from her murderous family.

I think these schemes are just immature and one-note for the age of the characters. I don't know why they had to return to this.

• Members

Different strokes. I really don't like Viki and Dorian as friends unless they are forced into it because of circumstance, such as being trapped in a life-threatening situation. In those cases, they tolerate each other at most. Other than that, it seems disingenuous in my opinion and boring. If we are keeping a score card, Viki just printed a story that ruined Dorian's career and added to it by printing comments she knew were said in private and taken out of context. I prefer when the writing doesn't make Viki a saint and Dorian purely a sinner. The relationship benefits from it and that seems to be what the writers are going for here. I appreciate it.

• Members

But she actually pulled it off. And that event led to a lot of damage for a lot of different characters that lasted for a long long long time. In that, it was a win for Dorian. What she wants more than anything is to make Viki miserable. I just don't think it's been as one-sided as people like to claim. The tide always turns eventually.

• Members

Best show in weeks. I mean, the others were mostly quite good, slow character stuff, but the show was lagging compared to AMC's several cracking stories. This felt like things were actually moving again while also still delivering good character material as well. I loved the Bo/Nora/D&D/Matt/Destiny dinner - when David and Dorian showed up at the door I could not help but guffaw. And I think Bo and Nora are just perfect as tentpoles, and I love "the Nightbird."

I'm glad they're addressing John, Clint, etc. and Natalie looked absolutely amazing. That was all good stuff. I just question what they're going to do with all this without some sort of John. I hate him, but I think he's going to be needed to resolve this at some point. I do like that Cutter remains in the mix. I really need Nat and Cutter to have a caper or something. Reminds me a bit of Cain and Tina back in the day.

I am amazed that Todd appears poised to actually tell Blair the whole truth -

As glad as I was for them to be so current with stuff like Ezra Klein and even Reddit - would that have ever been mentioned on another soap opera? - it seemed like kind of a laundry list of facts for the uninformed. Also, his rationale for bringing it up was a little off. "This guy is great - so hire me! I am Ezra Klein too!" But hey, it got Jeffrey the job and I like him in that role.

That blooper reel was unnecessary.

• Members

Yes, they did show them at the table. That's when Dorian made the comment about burnt lasagna being carcinogenic. It wasn't an add-on, it fit completely with what Matthew was feeling and also David wanted to be included in the family dinner. think it meant a lot that he also invited Dorian as they are a package deal, especially after he pooh-poohed her wanting to star in the reality show.

Archived