GH50: Discussion Week of June 10th...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not surprisingly, it was kind of a mini-GH cast assembly at Finola's screening. A couple of pix I took from Saturday (no Maurice though, for Sean for that matter):

http://instagram.com/p/aUn0Krs9sl/

http://instagram.com/p/aUt649M9lY/

Being among some Port Charles denizens was enough to inspire me to buckle down and watch Monday in its entirety as it aired (how's that for a segue?), and it reminded me why I've been on and (mostly) off watching the show the last few months. Yeesh. Just sloppy, both in the plotting and general idiocy (I do like Duke, but definitely wasn't big on that Emma scene), and the gracelessness of shoving the pet cast members down our throats and desperate attempts to make a viable character out of a short-term plot point stunt cast gimmick...

• Members

I didn't expect SON to be over run by that kind of idiocy. There's only person that comes to mind who subscribes to that particular doctrine.

But to be totally honest, I don't believe this is a bad story with Carly, Todd 2.0 and Sonny. The problem is that it's not for the intrisic value of a good story from back in the day. It's to "redeem" Todd, so they won't fire from all cylinders with this story. Once, the town begins to hate Carly, who should be arrested and tried for attempted murder (and humbles this woman), this switches to Todd 2.0 and how he is just like anybody else. He can then commence to completely take over the show. He's already good in an emergency situation. On the phone with 911 [as Carly just stands there wringing her hands...shock, yeah I know] as he hands his buddy, Sonny, something to put pressure on Liv's wound. It's just too obviously what's being done here, and it stinks!

Prove me wrong, Craptini!

• Members

Does not matter at all if you tell all parts of it and the plot is not soley for the purpose of "redeeming" Todd 2.0. Carly being berated by half the town puttting Todd 2.0 on equal footing with all of the PCites? That's not the story that should be told here. We shall see!

• Members

Exactly. Why is this chick so thirsty to go to prom with him? Why is she taking so much delight in gloating in front of Molly (not that I give a f-ck about her)? She has known these kids for like a week and a half!

Archived