AMC: Monday June 10, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did David ever think he was Colby's biological father? I'm just asking as I've seen couples where that has happened and I find that to be the most disgusting...(other than people who were once thought to be siblings/half-siblings etc.)

• Members

I didn't forget. Either the fired HWs were clueless or they just didn't care that David delivered Colby and he had an affair with her mother. Even if I didn't want more of David/Cara, I'd be skeeved out by that plus the fact Colby has the emotional maturity of a 2-year-old! He could get everything he wanted out of her and more with regard to revenge on JR without taking her to bed.

• Members

Agreed. After reading thoughts here, I expected a huge mess, but it wasn't that bad. Still, while I enjoyed nearly all of the actual scenes, I did hope they'd be longer. And yes Opal's scene with Celia wasn't really needed, though I did like that she got a bad vision or premonition from her.

• Members

To me, this was one of the better episodes in awhile! Also, I don't feel it was choppy like others have mentioned in this thread. I did notice the two scriptwriters in the credits though, so I think you're right episodes were edited together.

I finally buy AJ and Miranda as real teens -- having a pizza party, having friends over, the awkward crush from Heather.

Also loved AJ and David, and JR and David. Also AJ and JR -- AJ had been softening towards JR already last week when he said it was right that JR tore into him about the steroids and he just never had a dad before so he doesn't know what a dad should be like. So this is progression from that.

David and Colby -- I saw chemistry. I think Vincent Irizzary can make anything work, and the character of David has accumulated enough over the years to where anything could make sense for me, so I am not against any potential pairing.

I agree though with whoever said this isn't Colby, this is some generic bad girl. Thank you for saying it. I was beginning to doubt myself last episode when people were like this is how the daughter of Adam and Liza should be and raving about her. I don't see how this vapid, selfish, giggly Colby is "smart, sophisticated" like David said, but the Colby I saw on TV the last year of AMC was.

Opal's flip flopping about Celia is tiresome. We've had no explanation of why she has all these different attitudes about her either. I don't think the scene should have been cut though.

Billy Clyde Tuggle -- Dixie had a pretty realistic reaction, I think. Lottery ticket stuff didn't get me laughing. This show is too serious and too dark most of the time, then throws in this super dumb humor; it doesn't gel well. There should be more spread out, natural humor.

Hope Jesse arresting Zach means the sex slavery story is almost over. Agree with those commenting on the significance of Jesse lying to Angie yet again. i do hope they will try to stay together and their marriage will not end though. I agree with those who think it would be more interesting to watch them struggle through their problems. Maybe a separation but not a divorce?

Nice cliffhanger with Brooke opening the door at the end.

• Members

I don't think it is significant about Jesse withholding on Angie. People are simply attempting to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Angie and Jesse survived a 20 year loss and they will survive this. Stop being so negative on the SuperCouple. Angie and Jesse have struggled with their problems since coming on to the PV canvas. Angie got a divorce from Jesse without his consent. Angie gave up Frankie for adoption without Jesse knowing anything so the withholding of information goes both ways for both Angie and Jesse. Both of them have been guilty of lying to each other, Angie with her vision issues/blindness and she only told Jake and did not tell Jesse. Angie learned she was pregnant in the Dr. office with Jake and not Jesse, taking her time to getting around to telling Jesse she was pregnant. Jake tried in vain to get Angie to come out and tell Jesse about her vision issues and possibilities of going blind without Jesse so people, it really does go both ways. Don't just go fingerpointing Jesse when Angie has also been guilty of withholding on Jesse herself.

Angie and Jesse forever. SuperCouple Number 1 and getting through the hard times making them stronger, surviving 20 years. True Soulmates. Both of them forgive each other and it shows. That is what makes them the SuperCouple on Daytime History forever in the annals of Daytime history.

• Members

This Colby completely reminds me of Ambyr Childers' Colby. I remember when they were trying to turn her and Sydney into PV's own Paris and Nicole.

Frankly, there's been so many versions of Colby - and I don't just mean the actresses - that I feel like everyone has just picked their favorite memory and decided that's the "real" Colby. The character's a blank slate to me.

To be honest, I don't see what difference it makes. They're both adults now. It's not like he was her stepfather. Mind you, I have no investment in this pairing but I don't get the reaction that they're breaking some sacred taboo. When Brooke starts hitting on AJ then we can talk.

• Members

After watching another OLTL episode I watched today the problem for me with AMC is too many cast members. And too many peripheral ones.

OLTL keeps it the main vets they brought over and usually either contain the younger set together or they're having scenes with the vets. AMC has way too many characters for 24 mins and decides to break the teen 4 in to twosomes that get their own separate stories. They add Cara - I guess for David - and then have them with others. OLTL 3 main set couples - 1 of which David/Dorian barely get screentime - and then are trying to match up Natalie/Cutter. That's doable on 24 mins soap. AMC is all over the place. Trying to create new couples everywhere. Then want to bring more characters and give them story. There's not enough time.

I remember saying when they first announced the reboots would be a 1/2 hr with 5 mins of commercials they should keep the main cast very limited. Everyone was announcing all the characters they should bring back and how they didn't feel there was enough cast for OLTL while I thought they got it just right. It's why Viki/Clint and Bo and Nora are scene on a regular basis while Brooke, Opal and Dixie are barely on and when they do get some story of their own it gets cut.

I think instead of bringing characters back they need to cut some. I don't see a need for Zach and the FBI chick. They already focus on Pete/Celia and AJ/Miranda. Did we really need Colby to come back? And if we did - I'd rather have Colby then Celia - then drop Celia. Pair Colby up with Pete. I like Dimitri but what is the point of his returning? Unless, he's a love interest for Brooke and sorry she already has one - is he back because Ginger Smith likes MN and wants to give him a job?

I think Billy is hilarious. I'd be interested in seeing the story with him causing trouble for Dixie and others. But where's the time when this show is deadset that we must see the contrived daily woes of putupon AJ/Miranda? And now their teen buddies? There's no time for that. Billy shown with his gf is amusing but where's the time for regular cast members when his scenes keep beng shown.

AMC cast and is written as if they're still an hour 5 times a week. OLTL adjusted to the 4 day 24 minutes episodes from the getgo. Plus had one HW who had history and knew the characters. That's why - despite AMC having my all time favorites Brooke and Adam - OLTL is the much better soap to me. I watch and enjoy. Look forward to the next show. It feels likes I'm getting the same kind of show I enjoyed in the 1990's when Malone/Griffith were HWs or the late 70's/early 80's when I enjoyed it on a smaller scale. AMC feels like it's still supposed to be the hr/5 day a week schedule and a news story keeps interrupting and preventing me from seeing scenes.

Archived