AMC: Monday June 10, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

That Dixie/BCT definitely should've been longer. That was a big part of AMC history and a long time coming. Yet it gets hacked away because Godforbid we don't get to see AJ talk with the dingy chick so Miranda will notice. Can't miss that ... RME

Oh and I didn't need to see Celia go visit Opal either. That definitely could've been cut. One of the scenes with David flirting with Colby could've gone missing too and it wouldn't have done screwed up the episode.

Brooke and Dixie barely have gotten screentime - esp Brooke. Today we were supposed to see scenes that were story for THEM and we didn't because they just HAD to show the stupid teens. Sorry for all the teen fans, but that's a big issue with the new AMC that really has to be corrected. They are not that important. They were on almost every episode so far. If anyone got cut it should've been them. I hope this isn't a preview of things to come. Who made the decision? I hope it's someone who will no longer be on staff.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree the Opal/Celia scene added nothing. The Miranda/AJ story was not on at all last week (I know he had a few scenes with JR but there was no guitar riff material & she wasn't on at all) so I was fine with them being back. But if they wanted to focus today on JR/David, Jesse/Zach, reintroducing Colby & the teens, that's way more than enough for 24 minutes. And then the Dixie/Billy Clyde stuff should have just been left for Wednesday like all the spoilers indicated it would be when there would have been time to devoted to it. They just tried to throw in the whole kitchen sink today so no one could say their fave wasn't on and the only stuff that didn't feel chopped to death was Colby/David/Pete. I feel like the return at Brooke's door was pushed up quite a few days so I don't even know what to make of that but we should have had more build up.

Oh well like marceline I feel like I'm being too hard on the editing when I really am excited about the stories.

And did anyone else love Miranda's wavy hair today? They should do that more.

• Members

I don't think Brooke's scene with David has been cut. It was part of More's "Next week on All My Children." I suspect that Brooke and Dimitri will have their meeting, and the tag will be Brooke and David at the restaurant discussing the interview.

• Members

I couldn't put my finger on it, but now that I read the comments in this thread, I guess 'disjointed' is as apt a description of any of the general feel of the episodes.

I wonder whether they were attempting to respond to some chatter (not so much here but elsewhere) that things were moving too slowly? Or was that OLTL?

Maybe someone can answer this for me because I honestly don't know about much of AMC's history (besides what the casual viewer might know) but were David and Liza (Colby's Mom) friends? Or something? I'm trying to figure out some reason why David would have a soft spot for Colby. Yes, I know she's a woman and he's a man but David strikes me as someone far too ruthless to be ruled by lust. I reserve the right to be wrong, though.tongue.png

I could see Angie being ambivalent with Jesse's secrets and lies. On the one hand, she would likely be relieved to have her daughter back while being vexed with Jesse from withholding the truth about this Uri situation, especially after he looked her in the eyes and said there was nothing else to tell.

I could see Jesse trying to explain that he couldn't risk telling her the truth and her being offended by this. Meanwhile, they all with have to cope with the trauma of what Cassandra has experienced and the effects in the aftermath.

At first, Colby didn't really strike me or impress me in the previous episode but she is certainly cutting a more interesting figure now. She is what Pete might refer to...in tech terms, as a 'disruptor'.laugh.png

My main issue is that from her first appearance on this online version, I've thought Colby's styling has been too 'on the nose'. If it were up to me, I wouldn't style her in the manner that they've chosen to style the character.

On the contrary, I'd have her dressed in a very chic manner. She'd look youthful but still polished and upscale. So then when we discover that without Chandler funds, that Colby is actually as 'broke as a joke', it would provide more of a contrast. Right now, the way she's dressed, she looks like the lovechild of the Alicia Silverstone character in Clueless and Elle in Legally Blonde. Or one of those reality show chicks who think they're sophisticated but look low-rent.

Even if her pocketbook is light as a feather and her card is being declined all over town, she is still a Chandler and all that Paris money must've went somewhere! So far, I'm not seeing it in her style.

Liked that cliffhanger with Brooke, though. Unlike the rest of this episode, that scene was perfectly cut.

Heather is definitely shaping up to be a promising possibility for a summer romance, meantime girlfriend for AJ. Are teens into the Stones and The Who these days, though? I would've thought they'd mention Coldplay or even U2 (if you want to go back). I'm not going to knock it though, because my 12 year old niece loves Motown and when I was a kid I knew who Fleetwood Mac were so...there you go.

Not sure why Miranda would think anyone would believe that ineptly done Photoshop is real. It looks beyond doctored.laugh.png

Opal is like a Sphinx where Celia is concerned. I can't figure out whether she wants her out of Pete's life or not. And I'm okay with trying to figure it out on my own. I wonder if that hug changed her mind, one way or the other. Opal seemed to be picking up a vibe from Celia. So I'm guessing, she'll either want to help her or get her as far away from Pete. Or maybe both.unsure.png

Billy Clyde Tuggle and the 'search' for that lottery ticket--that was too much. I've had doctor's exams that were less invasive than that. That was on a TSA level.blink.png

• Members

I actually like the evolution of Colby and Petey's relationship. I mean, I remember when they were the little kids on play dates. I think the writers laid the foundation early for a relationship because Colby always asked about Petey as a kid. I hope we get some more Petey/Colby, and less as a user/usee couple, and more as star-crossed, and reluctant, lovers.

Vincent Irizarry looks hot in a color other than black and white. That man does not age, and is as handsome as ever. If I were Erica or Cara, I would dump every and any other man to get some time with Doctor Evil.

JR is too plain now, he is like a whole new character. JR has never been played this week and feeble minded.

Anyone think we'll ever see an opening credits opening with Billy Clyde, Colby, and Bianca?

• Members

I loved the scene with Billy Clyde searching for the missing lottery ticket. I had to rewind that a few times as it was just so funny. As for Cortlandt Manor, I have a feeling Billy Clyde might be the one who buys the mansion, now that he's won the lottery. Imagine the town's reactions to that happening. Plus, it could be the start of a Billy Clyde-Opal romance.

• Members

Finally caught up...don't remember how many episodes I saw...lol...now I have to catch up on OLTL tomorrow....

1.Billy Clyde is a creepy annoying character. So he kidnapped Dixie and almost killed Tad is all I know...hmmmmm

2. Colby is such an annoying character..cant stand her

Enough with all the cussing words...lol....

• Members

I hope so. But the description above about how she probably already met with him and it would've taken place before Dimitri made a lot of sense to me.

I was excited seeing it in the more previews. I like Brooke taking on David. Then when they had the additional previews on Hulu it was David and Colby and nothing of Brooke. So it seemed like that was saying it was cut. I think the addt'l OLTL ones were the same on Hulu as were shown on the More program.

• Members

I liked Miranda's wavy hair but then I'm always partial to wavy hair.

Today was a day when I was really into the episode and REALLY missed it not being an hour long show. With an hour and 5 days a week I wouldn't mind the teens because I feel everyone would have story. But as it was the 24 mins 4 day schedule was taken up by them and Brooke was getting treated as a glorified extra the rare time she was shown. I also feel this, to a lesser extent, with Dixie as well. Then it went to the 2 day schedule and it feels like someone was trying to speed up the pace by editing out scenes. So with ALL the airtime A3 and Miranda have already had they could be gone for WEEKS and I wouldn't feel that was too much.

Today was Brooke and Dixie's day and if scenes had to be cut it should've been the four teens. That party wasn't necessary. The pictures Miranda found and Adam Jr falling in the coffee shop just seemed like more to add to their pity party of two. Sorry, but I could totally do without that. Same for Pete and Celia. So if editing must be done cut their scenes. I don't want any Brooke scenes cut after the way she barely was on from the beginning of this reboot.

And of the David/Colby/Pete stuff I would've cut Pete. Just showed the one LONG scene (compared to Brooke's measly 20 secs) of them flirting and his signing the check to set up the later stuff between them. I also would've cut some of the Zach stuff.

I still say whomever called the edits for today needs to be EX staff. They need people in charge who understand rotation and balance. I'm always left with the impression certain characters have been dictated to be shown no matter what and the rest need to share the scraps. That MO needs to be nixed asap.

• Members

Billy Clyde cracks me up. But he is a creepy, sleaze. MC does a good job. Oh and Billy was around long before Dixie. He kidnapped Adam when he was married to Erica. He stalked others.

I'm partial to Natalie Hall's Colby. I liked how she was a little girl lost and also a bit of a brat. Just trying to find her way and loving her Daddy. This isn't the Colby I know. This is some generic bad girl they're labeling as Colby to come in and cause trouble for Pete and Celia. I also loved NH's sister/brother bond with JY's Adam Jr and I didn't feel it at all with BN and RB. Also, Colby adored Brooke and wanted her married to Adam, so not buying her ordering Adam Jr to keep Brooke for stealing 'their' money. It's more and more glaring how MM and ES have no idea of AMC history. I would never hire HWs who haven't at least been devoted decades long fans of the show. Soaps' selling points are longevity and continuity. How can you have that when you hire people who have no idea of the history? OLTL faired much better in that department and I think that's one of the reasons there's much better balance and use of vets on that show.

I understand they were in a time crunch. They should've just promoted within from the getgo. If only I could get another soap miracle and somehow get Lorraine to come back.

Archived