AMC: Monday June 10, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

If Angie can bail out David from prison and all this friendship thing/forgiveness thing with David, then yes, she will understand Jesse intentions and all out of love to do whatever it takes to get her back. The bottom line is to get Angie back with Cassandra.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1) Happy that we have a few new sets. I bet David is going to purchase Cortlandt Mansion, but then Pete is going insists that Opal remains in residence if David wants CE to work with his new heart medical device. I like the idea of David and Opal colorful word exchanges.

2) Pretty sure I know who Brooke saw, and as someone else mentioned, why does the door swing out? Weird staging. I would have liked more of Brooke on this episode, but do like that the new taping schedule allows for people to pop up unexpectedly. Loved her reaction to the mess the teens left behind.

3) Jesse is messing up all over the place, Angie is going to be not so happy with the hubby. Pretty sure Zach ain't going be throwing him a party any time soon either.

1) Happy that we have a few new sets. I bet David is going to purchase Cortlandt Mansion, but then Pete is going insists that Opal remains in residence if David wants CE to work with his new heart medical device. I like the idea of David and Opal colorful word exchanges.

2) Pretty sure I know who Brooke saw, and as someone else mentioned, why does the door swing out? Weird staging. I would have liked more of Brooke on this episode, but do like that the new taping schedule allows for people to pop up unexpectedly. Loved her reaction to the mess the teens left behind.

3) Jesse is messing up all over the place, Angie is going to be not so happy with the hubby. Pretty sure Zach ain't going be throwing him a party any time soon either.

• Members

It isn't that the writing was off.. but I think PP/AMC re-edited episodes starting today due to all the fan complaints.

The last couple of weeks were probably airing as if they were part of the 4x a week format. This week, it looks as if PP/AMC re-edited the filmed episodes to fit better in the 2X a week format.

Celia/Miranda's scene got cut from today's episode.. also Dixie/Billy Clyde was suppose to have happened on June 12th.. not today.

The little moments leading up the plot moments have been cut. I was wondering why Celia was dialing Pete's # with Miranda sitting in the background.. then the next time we see Celia, she is at Opal's house. Too jarring.

If you look at the credits, you will see Rebecca Taylor/Suzanne Johnson as script writers. Looks like the two spliced and diced this weeks episode.

I bet the Brooke scene at the end of the episode was suppose to be at the end of Wed. episode. Plus, I'm wondering if the Brooke/David scene teased on last week's More show will occur now. Since she would have had to have interacted with David before she got home to see the party remains.

• Members

I'm confused as to why they're cutting things to move things along when they know they have a limited number of eps stockpiled right now & won't be filming for several weeks at least- isn't cutting material going to burn those faster? Curious to see OLTL tomorrow and AMC Wednesday to see if this was particular to this ep or is going to become frequent.

I could see cutting some Celia (although I think if they want to make her work playing her with Miranda and others on the canvas will help) but hacking away at Dixie/BCT scene just didn't make sense to me.

• Members

Yeah they definitely can't keep doing this or they will be out of material by mid-July by my count.

If they just did it for these two episodes I don't see the reason.... unless it was to move up you-know-who's return to this week, which I don't think was worth the hacking.

• Members

I can't see a logical reason to re-edit the episodes. Part of me wonders if there was just something going on with the crew when these episodes were done. Maybe somebody quit and an intern ended up doing the editing because today's ep was a mess. which is a big shame because there was plenty of good story to work with and the editing really messed with that.

The irony is that for all the problems with the flow, today's AMC has been #1 on Hulu all damn day. laugh.png Normally it hits #1 or 2 then slowly drops during the day to #4-5. That just makes me wish that much more that PP hadn't cut eps per week. With all the shows on hiatus and the temporary hosting change at The Daily Show which is usually #1, June could've been a blockbuster month for both shows. IMO, it's a perfect example of PP's apparent tendency to be too reactive.

And since I feel like I've been too hard on my show today, I should say something nice. I was pleasantly surprised at the changes to the character of Heather. She was such a dingbat in her first episode but I really liked her today.

• Members

I hope not. I was so looking forward to Brooke FINALLY being shown doing something regarding HER and not a teen she barely knows. If they wanted to cut scenes today they could've just cut that waste of time teen party that took place in BROOKE'S house where AJ and Miranda never even bothered to clear their mess. I hope when Brooke is laying down the law to Adam Jr she sets A3 straight as well.

I'm going to be so disgusted - Brooke's barely been on and when it's FINALLY her turn for story and airtime they cut it.

Archived