More All My Children & One Life To Live June 2013 Discussion

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was OK this morning. I was too busy looking out at the Pacific Ocean and watching the waves and not so much on the VI interview. It was not much of an interview but maybe lack of time for the show too. I am from Southern California, from LA county and grew up on those beaches so that is why I was focusing on the ocean/waves.

They were not reading from cue cards at all. Maybe a little nervous, that is all.

• Members

Good eps for MORE this week- didn't feel overly fluffy. Love that Ginger Smith seems to stand behind the Colby/Pete scene & that she and VI both made a point of reminding people that it was all implied. Ginger's comments in particular makes me feel like she has no desire to water down for the FB fans.

• Members

Ginger Smith also said she understands the core fans out there might be offended and she knows that PP cannot afford to lose the longtime dedicated and faithful who got the show to 40 plus years on air and invested significantly too. She won't water down too much but she recognizes the obligation to PP and what they want too. If Ginger Smith cannot give PP what they are looking for (younger key age demos or other things) then PP can always look around for a replacement to Ginger Smith too. They can do that just like Jill taking over from Maria on Y&R.

Again, it was OK.

• Members

It's not next Thursday. I asked Michael Fairman if Ginger Smith was going to be on last night and he said she was moved to July 11th

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/tonight-toln-soaps-live-with-michael-fairman-special-guest-oltls-robin-strasser/2013/06/27/

We SON members who aren't prudes or shippers need to make sure we call in that night to show our support!

• Members

Yes, they are- Michael Fairman said that last night. Ginger Smith on the 11th.

Jeff K stated last week that they are thrilled with both EPs so I would be surprised to see her booted- of course this is PP we're talking about though. I also think Ginger Smith's involvement is what got a lot of the vets onboard who were leery of PP. I don't think any EP can perfectly pull in the younger demos and make the show edgy while not pushing any buttons to avoid upsetting the "40 year" fans. I admire that she's trying to strike a delicate balance but stood pretty emphatically by her writers and her product on the Pete/Colby scene.

• Members

It makes me feel somewhat better to know Ginger and co. stand behind their content. Hopefully there will be no sanitation. I like the new material. As for the show, it's actually nice to hear from people like Ginger when we probably would not too much otherwise. So the MORE show does serve some purpose.

Archived