The Official MTV's The Real World Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IA. I just watched the fight episode. I wish they'd kick them out but since V's skeleton hant come on yet, of course they are going to keep her. She's such a hypocrite too. She fights with Madison for getting involved in drama that was none of her business but by doing so, she is getting involved in that same drama thats none of her business!

Violetta has been hyping herself up and her skeleton for weeks. I would love it if RW didnt bring that girl but instead had someone else in mind

• Members

Violetta and Sylvia know what they are doing. They're playing up to the camera so they can start their careers as future challengers. Those two along with Jason and Nicole. The four of them are extra and play up to the cameras all the damn time. IMO, they should've made Sylvia and Violetta either go home or seek anger management like they Stephen in Seattle and Brynn in Las Vegas. Their actions should not go unpunished.

With the exception of Madison, Tony, Bruno, and Tony's ex, Alyssa, I hate this cast. They are possibly the worst surpassing the DC cast, and that cast was dreadfully boring. But at least they were authentic. Jon Murray has destroyed this show and made it into a Jersey Shore knockoff. Sad because most people involved with Jersey Shore have moved on and so has the audience.

Real World has always been the socially conscious show so why stray?

Why break away from the model, which worked successfully for 28 seasons?

As I stated before, if the show wanted change, they should've simply went from 7-8 strangers to 14 strangers (7 guys and gals) from all over the world with different beliefs and backgrounds. With that large cast, which they've been having for the past two seasons, they would've had enough big personalities to have drama.

• Members

My god, Violetta's skeletons were the lamest s--t ever! She hyped this up so much and she didnt do s--t. There was nothing explosive or hostile about this and it was boring as hell. Typical he said, she said nonsense which didnt amount to anything

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

It's sad to see what Real World has come to they used to be a very inspirational show that taught people and introduced the audience to real social issues. Now it's mostly just used as a branding machine to launch more reality television trash, with no talent. I used to love Real World back when they had a message and something to say, but I would say since Vegas and San Diego they've had little to say to their audiences. This is one of the reasons I can't stand reality television, it's taking over and provides pretty much no value.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The debut season of this show seemed, pardon the pun, real. Just 7 individuals trying to find their way in NYC. Eric, Julie, Becky, Heather, André, Kevin, and Norman (and the dog, Gouda!) seemed grounded yet managed to have friction because of their different backgrounds.

The last season I watched was only S2 or 3, the one in San Francisco with Puck, Pedro, Rachel, and the rest.

And then it just turned into a hot mess to see who could drink, screw, or yell the most. And the "real" in "Real World" was no more!

To think that first cast is now in their 40s (like me -eek!).

Edited by Wendy

• 4 weeks later...