• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was just typical hardball until they actually suspended production and are now making rumblings of moving. Which is insane.

I'm not looking forward to the typical melodramatic, overly-aggressive PP press release which has everything but weeping violins. I appreciate what they've done but their PR voice has always been a little nuts.

At this point I can't expect anything. I'm going to hope they work it out but I won't be surprised if they don't.

• Members

I am not a union fan to begin with, and I wish that "Local 52" comes to realize that some pay is better than no pay, and that is what will happen to its members if the shows cannot continue because of this.

• Members

I respect their budgetary needs, but I suspect the union's claims are true - that they were playing fast and loose with the hours worked and money limit while straining to get this thing off the ground so fast. And if that's the case, it needs to be resolved fairly and honestly. Not with production stoppage and a threat to move. Moving isn't going to change the problem. Pay them what they're owed or make an arrangement to do so.

I enjoy the shows and I think they can and should continue and succeed, but outside of the shows themselves PP has always had a problem with being expected to function like a sane business enterprise - most recently, by thoughtlessly shafting their contract with FX Canada. That has to stop.

• Members

I was just getting on board with the reduced ep schedule and thinking it maybe wasn't a sign of impending doom and Jen Pepperman's Fairman interview made me feel sort of optimstic. Now I'm in tears and just turned on GH on Soapnet which I haven't watched since these shows launched.

• Members

Oh, it's not worth crying about. It's a business issue. It will either get resolved or it won't. With PP you roll those dice, unfortunately. All I can do right now is watch the damn shows and hope for the best. I hope for a day when this kind of nonsense isn't always over the horizon.

• Members

Honestly, I am just rolling with the punches, and have been since the beginning. I thought it was a miracle the shows came back in the first place., I am at a place of peace about whether they stay or go, it's out of our hands.

Archived