• Members

'All My Children,' 'One Life to Live' on Hiatus Over Labor Dispute (Exclusive)

Published: June 05, 2013 @ 5:43 pm

By Brent Lang

"All My Children" and "One Life to Live" have been placed on hiatus because of a labor dispute with the International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees - Local 52, which represents the online soap operas' crews.

Prospect Park, which produces the two shows, said the hiatus will begin on Thursday instead of June 17, as had been planned.

"We are in a labor dispute with the IA and we are going into hiatus immediately until this is resolved," a note to the shows' cast and crews read.

Representatives from IATSE believe the two shows have gone over budget and violated a labor agreement in the process, according to an individual with knowledge of the union's plans.

When Prospect Park revived the canceled ABC program for the web this year, it hammered out a deal with the union that allowed it to pay members less than the standard day rate as long as it did not spend more than $125,000 per episode.

https://www.thewrap.com/media/article/all-my-children-one-life-live-hiatus-over-labor-dispute-exclusive-95676

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

‘All My Children’ & ‘One Life To Live’ Start Hiatus Early Because Of I.A.T.S.E. Dispute, Shows Mull Move To New Location

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday June 5, 2013 @ 5:52pm PDT

inShare

COMMENTS (0)

All My Children and One Life To Live were scheduled to go on hiatus on June 17. But in light of recent labor issues between soap’s producer Prospect Park and I.A.T.S.E. – Local 52, work will stop 11 days earlier. What’s more, because of the dispute, I hear Prospect Park is considering moving production of the two shows, based in Stamford, Conn., to another state. “As a result of a dispute with the I.A.T.S.E., The OnLine Network is beginning a long-planned hiatus for both All My Children and One Life To Live tomorrow instead of June 17,” the company said in a statement. “The hiatus is scheduled to end on August 12 pending resolution of this labor issue. Right now we have 40 episodes of each show ready to post through September, and if we can resolve this issue by August, we can get back into the studio on time so audiences will enjoy uninterrupted postings of their favorite shows.”

More- http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/all-my-children-one-life-to-live-start-hiatus-early-because-of-i-a-t-s-e-dispute-shows-mull-move-to-new-location/

Archived