MTV's The Challenge Thred

Cheap21

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you talking about any show period or just Real World/Road Road/The Challenge?

Either way, I don't think so. I hope because of Knight's accidental suicide that the network does not go the VH1/I Love Money route and cancel the Spring Challenge altogether.

From what little I've heard, Knight is one of the catalysts to drama that occurs, and I can see them switching it up to make him look empathetic via editing process.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

It started last week. Im surprised it did bc this is the first time I recall it and RW starting around the same time. Usually they will time it so one begins as one ends

I felt they jumped the shark though bc they added kids from some other MTV reality show called Are You the One? I dont know them and dont want to know them.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

The Challenge is about to make the holidays really messy for some of MTV’s personalities. In the Season 27 trailer that MTV is sharing first with Us Weekly, 14 people from the network’s various reality series go up against their family members for a chance to win $350,000 on the competition. 

“This season is going to be unlike anything we’ve done before — we’ve paired you up with your family,” host T.J. Lavin reveals in the video. What follows are some seriously strong feelings.

As the relatives — which includes siblings and cousins — face off, they start the new season, which is set in Bodrum, Turkey, totally supporting their blood. 

“Family digs deeper than any friendship!” insists one player. 

That may be true — until family potentially jeopardizes one’s chance at the fat cash prize. According to MTV, contestants will both fight with and against their family, and that the players’ fates are tied to their kins’. As the trailer shows, it doesn’t take long before the contestants go from saying “blood means everything” to “blood means nothing” with this twist.

The new season will also present some action-packed and fear-inducing challenges, including jumping between moving vehicles, terrifying falls from extreme heights, having snakes slither around one’s head, and much more.

This go-around’s contestants will include Johnny Bananas from Real World: Key West, Aneesa Ferreira of Real World: Chicago, Camila Nakagawa from Spring Break Challenge, Christina LeBlanc and Dario Medrano from Are You the One? Puerto Rico, and others.

The Challenge: Battle of the Bloodlines kicks off Wednesday, Dec. 2, at 10 p.m. ET on MTV.

Trailer can be seen here: 

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/mtvs-the-challenge-trailer-teases-major-tests-to-family-ties-watch-2015311?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The ‘Challenge: Bloodlines’ female cast is:

Jenna Compono, ‘Real World: Explosion’ (Bringing her cousin Brianna Julig)

Aneesa Ferreira, ‘Real World: Chicago’ (Bringing her cousin Rianna Polin)

Camila Nakagawa, ‘Spring Break Challenge’ (Bringing her sister Larissa Nakagawa)

Kellyanne Judd, ‘Real World: Sydney’ (Bringing her cousin Anthony Cuomo)

Nany Gonzalez, ‘Real World: Las Vegas 2′ (Bringing her cousin Nicole Ramos)

Cara Maria Sorbello, ‘Fresh Meat 2′ (Bringing her cousin Jamie Banks)

Christina Leblanc, Are You the One? Season 2 (Bringing her sister Emily Reese)

The ‘Challenge: Bloodlines’ male cast is:

Abram Boise, ‘Road Rules: South Pacific’ (Bringing his brother, Michael Boise)

Johnny “Bananas” Devenanzio, ‘Real World: Key West’ (Bringing his cousin, Vinny Gliatta)

Leroy Garret, ‘Real World: Las Vegas 2′ (Bringing his cousin, Candice Fowler)

Cory Wharton, ‘Real World: Explosion’ (Bringing his cousin, Mitch Reid)

Cohutta Grindstaff, ‘Real World: Sydney’ (Bringing his cousin Jill Tuttle)

Dario Medrano, ‘Are You the One?’ Season 2 (Bringing his twin brother Raphy Medrano)

Thomas Buell, ‘Real World: Explosion’ (Bringing his twin brother Stephen Buell)

Tony Raines, ‘Real World: Skeletons’ (Bringing his brother Shane Raines)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Im watching as usual. All caught up now as I didnt realize they aired two episodes the day before NYE.

I didnt like the twist about the bloodlines switching and working on opposite teams. I feel they should have saved that for Bloodlines II

Abram is one scary dude and looks to be emotionally and mentally abusive of Cara. I see the signs there and their interactions are so awkward. He instills fear in her to get her to obey him.

I cant stand Bananas and hate that he managed to weasel his way out of elimination by having his cousin be messy. That was some shady sh-t

Archived