OLTL: Thursday, May 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

That reminds me, I can only take so much Snoop too lol. But I agree, there are nice quiet moments in there. I think some of it is not varying the interactions quite enough. I need some more Viki and Natalie, more Todd and Dorian, some if any of Viki and Nora, etc and more than 30 seconds of said interactions. They seem to have fallen into their plot partners now.

Yeah I don't hate it but I also don't want to spend 1-2 out of 4 episodes there, if that makes sense. I also need less of the drugs and sexual stuff. It's just not my thing. The dancing and music, sure, but cut the sleaze. Amen about Dusky, hot damn, BYE GURL.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem was that it was the worst possible time to have a bum week- the first set of four eps broken up over the two week schedule. It was like basically totally giving weight to all the people who were moaning that nothing would ever move with the 2 day schedule. I love the character stuff, and everything you referenced and have a high high tolerance for more character/less plot driven eps but even I felt let down once we finally got to what was supposed to be cliffhanger day today. And AMC seemed to really amp up some at the right time. That said, the next set of four over the next 2 weeks sound way better so hopefully most viewers are hanging in.

• Members

I don't need Gina Tognoni to appear longer than a couple months at any moment in time. That's how over Kelly I am at this point.

I don't mind the drugs, sex, etc. OLTL is a darker, edgier show than AMC, always has been. I think it should be playing those angles and using that club, which is a great set. I do think the club could be cut down on a little bit, or we could see more of new locations like the Palace or the old Angel Square diner. I figure we'll be doing that soon; AMC has begun incorporating some new environments as well as it moves into Block 2 stuff.

• Members

The emotional impact was removed when Gigi came back from the dead. At the end of the ABC series, I was left asking, "What was the point of all that?"

Additionally,Victor, the parent involved during the huge blow-up revolving that, was killed/disappeared/taken off as Jack's father...which served to lessen the scope of the story.

• Members

I felt let down due to the last two AMCs this week, which were particularly good, especially Wednesday's. OLTL was decent but it was not as good as those. I don't know how much of that is down to the writers, how much of it is down to writing around the Todds or whatever else.

• Members

The only Rachel I'd want is Daphnee Duplaix. I think Ellen Bethea is out of the business and I'm not sure how she looks these days. Sight unseen I am willing to bet DD would do fine opposite DG. But I also can see PP going out and getting another Rachel.

Either way, these shows never do what I want so I'm not holding my breath on anything like that ever, ever happening at all. I'm just saying, if I had Twitter, or even less time on my hands, I'd be telling those PP people to bring back Kevin and Rachel as a tentpole interracial Buchanan-Lord-Hanen couple. And who knows, maybe if Kevin's eye wandered back to Special Guest Star Kelly sometime - his last temptation - Rachel could go all Mrs. Robinson on Jeffrey.

Archived