OLTL: Thursday, May 30, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I believe the idea floating was that Kyle was gonna legally adopt sierra Rose and be second legal parent. Stacy was supposed to be alive (Farah was gonna play her & GG was DEAD). She was gonna fight Kish for custody but looking unfit would go to Fish's parents. His dad would support her & a trail would commence in the end, Fish's mom was to support her son & Kish get full custody

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bitchy Bangs! Now, my heart is breaking again. What potential...

Zane would be great to bring back. He's a blank slate, and would fit my dream of having a snobby, openly self-centered, upper-crust, pretentious, A$$hole teen boy archetype finally on a soap.

• Members

It amazes me still, but to this day I still see plenty of comments on Hulu and FB asking where Rex, Gigi, etc. are.

I actually wouldn't have a problem bringing one or both of them on for a short-term appearance. I still think there's hay to be made of Rex having a small role in an arc with BE. Much was made on OLTL in 2011 of Rex being a completely incompetent amateur executive at the company, with Cord and Kevin chomping at the bit to get him removed before Rex finally relinquished control, and much has been made on OLTL today of Clint regretting his choices re: Rex, Shane, etc.

Clint and Rex did make amends and become a true father and son by the end of the ABC run. But that doesn't mean there can't be blowback and continued tension. I think a BE corporate intrigue story could do well if it turns out the weak link, or mole or whatever is Rex who's betrayed the company somehow, and Clint must deal with his illegitimate screw-up son in some sort of soapy, quasi-final way - Rex ends up running off with some of the Buchanan fortune or something. Then perhaps you could bring on Shane or whatever. But realistically I don't expect to see any of those characters back on a regular basis again, and that's probably for the best for most people. I was pretty fond of both Austin Williams and Farah Fath at times, but Shane doesn't absolutely need a major role on this show anymore (though I could see it, I'm not sure how that young kid would fit with these kids at all) and Gigi definitely never does again.

Kevin and Zane, OTOH, should be brought back immediately. Along with Rachel Gannon as Kevin's wife.

• Members

I miss Bitchy Bangs too...it was sad how her potential only came into view like four years after her debut when she was already pretty much on her way out.

I like your Zane characterization...that would almost make me get over the ridiculousness of a Kelly/Duke kid.

• Members

I like your suggestions, Vee. Is it bad that I'm already clamoring for some characters to return and shake things up, a la Billy Clyde, Colby and

on AMC? I've always been a viewer that needs a lot of characters to rotate out so I was wary of this format but it hasn't begun to bother me until right about now.

• Members

When Zane was still supposed to be pretty little, I thought it would be hilarious for him to come on as this tiny, very proper little British schoolboy. He was raised there, he's lived there all his life and should have the accent. I thought he would be a hysterical counterpoint to the rest of the Buchanans. I still think he should have the accent, but the rest is up for grabs. Except the obvious, inevitable scandal of his true paternity - he doesn't know Kevin is not his father. I would think the real drama is not only that, but perhaps revealing that Kevin really, truly is his father, and that Duke isn't despite what everyone thought. But who would hide the truth to keep Kevin and Kelly apart - not that I really want to see her again long-term - divided by shame?

(The answer is Dorian)

And no, I feel the same way about the show. I think the last four shows/two weeks have been kind of rambling about since we learned Todd was behind the cameras. Some good character stuff, people living life but not nearly as tight plot and story-wise as AMC since the episode reduction began. Next week does look good, and I expect we'll get some returns soon. There are rumors about people like Susan Haskell, which would be wonderful, but you never know.

• Members

As much as that story is juicy (and would involve 3 different core families),I really don't think they'd go there again unless Heather Tom is back in the role of Kelly. Assuming DG is coming back as Kev, Gina never had chemistry with him and would put a damper on any KeKe reunion.

• Members

I thought Gina had great chemistry with DG, actually. It was the most chemistry she had with anyone last time, and he was only with her for about three days.

But you don't need Kelly to do that story, or you don't need her for very long. Kelly is the white horse both Buchanan brothers have been chasing for decades, but ultimately she is a mercurial, deeply damaged person who is ashamed of herself, her family and doesn't want any kind of stability. She destroys herself and everything good in her life. But both Kevin and Joey are addicted to her. She's more powerful in her absence, a lot of the time.

• Members

Ok good, I'm not the only one. I agree, it seems aimless as of late. And I am disappointed nothing has happened with the Todd camera angle yet. Major thing to drop. I would love for Susan to return but Thorsten keeps saying how burned she feels and I don't blame her. I just hope my wishes don't land us with Terri Conn as the return cause that ain't what I mean. I guess it's feeling even more pressing now that I heard they're introducing like 543 new characters in the next filming cycle. Like wtf, stop please. I actually enjoy Nikki but Dusky is a complete waste of my time, I need less Shelter, not more.

• Members

It amazed me too. Then I sat down to watch ep 1 with my mother the other night (she's watched on and off for 30 years but has none of my devotion and loyalty and hadn't gotten around to Hulu). At 3 minutes in, she asked where Jessica was. At 6 minutes in, she inquired about Rex & Gigi. When Matthew & Dani had their first scene, she inquired about NATE (no mention of her beloved Cord & Tina from her 80s soap heyday but acted like she couldn't move forward without understanding why we had no resolution to Dani/Nate & why Matthew/Dani are on ok terms). Then she returned to the Jessica thing again. I don't think we're watching episode 2 together. Oh then she asked if she needed an account to watch the soaps on Hulu even though she watches Modern family every week without one. She is the FB commenters personified- I was horrified. I realized there are so many confused ABC viewers languishing out there.

• Members

Realistically, it's not that big a thing; it's only been a week or so of shows so we can just call it a bum week - it just feels longer because of the scheduling change. But yes, I do think AMC had a far better last 4, excepting the big reveal with Todd and some of the character stuff with Bo/Nora/Snoop, Matthew/Dani, Viki, Clint, Natalie, Jeffrey, etc.

I like Shelter because I like that scene and that music a lot; I think it fits OLTL. But I don't care that much about the bodyguards, or about the weird bits of business floating around the club. I like Nikki, I love Cutter and Rama; I can't stand Dusky. She's an awful actress as well.

Archived