VH1s Hit The Floor

• Members

Germain is clearly the most expendable out of the entire class and I suspected they were gonna throw him under the proverbial bus once he randomly just hooked up with Ahsha again. Personal Derek does nothing for me and the character is so boring. Terrance would have been a better choice IMO just cuz we all know deep down he'd do anything for Jelena.

The saving grace for this season was Zero & Jude. The show's been great from the beginning but it really took it to a whole nother level with this storyline.

Raquel and Kyle can exit stage left (especially the first one). Thank God Oscar is in jail.....oh Lionel...the evil b*tch that every show needs and yet everyone hates.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

True but Jelena is for Ahsha and Lionel is for Sloan. If anything Lionel is taking over Oscar's role as the main "bad guy" that every show also needs. At first I wasn't sure about her character and thought she was a joke/minor player. But I'm surprised at how she's integrated well into the cast.

VH1 definitely wanted to shock me with the whole Terrance bone sticking out incident but I'm way beyond that VH1!

• Members

For me it just comes down to the fact that I don't think the cast is bloated or too crowded with characters that Lionel needs to go or the show can't handle another rival for Sloane who's part of the middle age set.

What did you think of Zero/Jude by the way (assuming you care about that storyline) or Terrence/Jelena. I have to admit I was a little offended by the gay marriage thing that Kyle and Raquel did at the end. I know VH1 didn't truly mean any harm but the way it was executed sorta irked me. Esp since they've been doing such an amazing job with Jude and Zero....

It's gonna be a long wait till next summer

• Members

I only watch for three people Sloane, Pete, & German. I might not be watching next season because I don't understand German killing Olivia.

I like Zero & Jade but I think Zero is too little advance for Jade. I like Terrence but don't care for Jelena. I don't care for Kyle or Raquel.

Edited by MoTheGreat

• Members

This show thrives off not making any sense. Just throw in a shock here and there and the overall audience probably thinks it's great drama and fun. Being on in the summer is probably a big plus because if this played against much better shows the deficiencies might be more obvious.

I don't know why Charlotte Ross is gone but it's too bad since Olivia was one of the better characters. Adult woman vs. Bratz doll only makes sense in the context of mother/daughter feuding or boss/petulant dancer feuding. Realistically though, Bratz would have been terminated thus no story.

To add to the already long list of absurdities is the team dancer wanting to run/rule LA. Legit celebs don't even run LA. Nameless team dancers don't stand a chance. The only name I've ever heard associated with team dancers is Paula Abdul's. Once upon a time she choreographed for the Lakers Girls.

Sloane didn't bat an eyelash when Chase told her he raped Mia.

Raquel has had plenty of time to fix her immigration status.

Lionel hears Pete tell Sloane he loves her and this causes an insta-miscarriage. I take it she routinely flushes embryos down public restroom toilets.

Oscar had Olivia watched but missed all the other potential murder suspects....or he had no need to threaten them all....not even Derek Roman. Making a tape makes better sense than just threatening him like Jude and Jelena and blowing his Kylie alibi. Poor writer can't keep up with his make it up as I go along play for shock value mess but he doesn't need to.

Best of all is the post-mortem retcon of Olivia. The red envelopes made no sense. How was blackmailing the powerless Scooby gang supposed to help her?

She already had the goods on Oscar and his associates by virtue of her "working" for him so she could have hung onto that job forever.

The most laughable thing has to be German killing Olivia (again for shock and to be clever). Well, you didn't see that coming because it doesn't make one bit of sense. He's been getting Asha's mail. Uhm, she lived with him so it makes sense that mail which is addressed to her and delivered by the USPS might not be redirected so quickly. There was no address on the red envelope. Surely Olivia would know where to find Asha since she apparently knew so much about everyone. Plus Olivia would have walked up to all of them or texted not sent envelopes since she wasn't throwing a blackmailing party (which actually might have been more interesting had Charlotte Ross been around for a few scenes).

I'm just surprised the creator extraordinaire didn't throw in a scene with German saying "I would kill for you Asha." and turn that into a gif for his return of Gersha tweets.

The best thing about finales is they end my bad summer tv watching habits.

• Members

It's possible that German standing over the balcony with that red envelope with Ahsha's name on it, with Olivia's dead body below is a red herring. Perhaps she was dead when he got there to confront her. The possibility of him killing her seems to defy logic especially seeing how quickly he was willing to let Ahsha go, I'm not seeing him as a crime of passion perpetrator.

The show has sort of made him expendable but a show like this needs a German, every other character is so down in the gutter (LOL), a show like this needs one character to escape the taint so as not to become completely cynical.

Does anyone notice that the showrunner seems to be fixated on Jelena? Her character has taken on more dimension while Ahsha's has stayed pretty flat. While the actress is still pretty anemic in her abilities, the Jelena character has shown more sides to her, more range and has been directing a lot more of the action of the story while I'm hard pressed to think of what Ahsha has made happen recently. I think the real rivalry looks like it is between Sloan vs. Jelena, which is kind of strange for a show about cheerleading dancers on a basketball team.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

A new advisory label should be created for shows like this: DT (Don't Think).

Jelena is pretty much the showrunner. He will probably never make her lose in any significant way, thus no real payoff for those who don't like the character or who merely want her actions to have some real consequences.

Viewers are supposed to be so shocked by all the illogical "twists" that they don't notice the millions of holes in the plots and the elementary approach, such as Immigration 101 (one can only obtain residence by marrying a citizen). Didn't Raquel get the goods on her invisible child's (or maybe I missed the episode with the child) father? Wouldn't she have found a way to address that years ago? Why is Jelena kind to her when she kept her off the team? Unless my memory is faulty on this, why would Olivia have gotten her that bartending job only to threaten her with information she must have known all along? And how does one get to be an instant bartender?

Terrence only exists for Jelena so after the break-up there was no mention of the restaraunt he named after her and clearly no women put the moves on him.

Ahsha was with German for years, lusted after a coke head and fell in love with him that quickly and was flipped back to German in an attempt to sell German as a killer.

Are there are any writers of poorly written shows who admit to it or are they all in the habit of using Twitter and such to brag about and congratulate themselves on their sub-par work?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I think HTF lost quite a bit of momentum by pushing back their return date so far.  Also, they've decided to lock their episodes completely, which doesn't help.  I know lots of networks temporarily lock their episodes but then release them a week after they air on broadcast TV.  

Empire did that this past season and I do believe their ratings tooks a slight dip as a result (there were other factors too).

HTF is making episodes completely inaccessible unless you subscribe to cable, against the trend of rapid cord cutting (and NOBODY is going to reconnect the cord just to watch HTF!) or you use a friend or family member's subscription information to log on(which many end up doing) or utilize the last resort of pirate sites (which seem to very active).

The relationship between Jude and Zero makes for compelling soap but the show still has some story problems.  They're taking a middle path with the German/Olivia murder story.  Now, it seems like they've decided to make it an accident that Olivia lost balance and went over the railing, German tried to revive her but was unsuccessful.  This makes me feel like it ultimately wasn't his fault-- why didn't he call for help??  And why did they try to have the actor who plays German put on all these sinister grins and expression to make him seem the villain in last season's episodes?  A clear re-write from last season but now, in a way, this story makes even less sense.  And the motive, because Olivia found out that Ahsha rigged the contest??!  Puh-leaze!:rolleyes:  That's got to be the dopiest reason for risking your freedom but I guess that's part of the reason why they re-wrote it as an accident rather than pre-meditated murder or even intentional.  At least they let German keep his conscience but that's the best I can say for this storyline.

Ahsha, we're supposed to believe, will stay with German out of obligation and gratitude while pining for (and perhaps cheating with) Derek presumably.  Is Ahsha still supposed to be the main protagonist or has the showrunner let that go and made it a full ensemble?  Ahsha still directs absolutely no action, still, unlike Yelena, events move around Ahsha with no drive or action from her.  Ahsha has no sense of agency.  If Ashsha is still the main protagonist, she's got to be the least active protagonist in all of scripted entertainment.

Terrence and Yelena are probably the only other intriguing couple other than Zero and Jude.  It's kind of clever that other characters like Sloane openly wonder why Terrence, a seemingly good guy, loves Yelena so much and Yelena, by the way, also seems deeply devoted to Terrence.  I still say the showrunner is in love with writing Yelena and delving into her past, showing her nastiness and contrasting this with her love for Terrence while mixing it with her desire to make them a power couple at least makes her a more complex character than just the show's resident bitch.  Ahsha still lacks those type of levels in her personal story.

This is going to sound mean but Pete looks kind of silly every time they have him bounding up and down the court.  Even those quick cuts to other players don't help.  Dean Cain needs to get fitter.  When you look at real-life NBA coaches, most are in pretty good shape.  Even those ex-players who are a few pounds heavier than their peak playing days, they still look better than Pete, who looks more like an ex-NFL player than a former pro basketball star (one who's supposedly still active in the game, coaching and running up and down the court doing drills).  Could this be a reason why we now have a storyline where Sloane and Pete are not engaging in any romantic situations?

Edited by DramatistDreamer