DAYS - The Best Way to Free up Hope and Write Bo off realistically (Ideas Only)

• Members

The writers seem to be stuck and don't know how to write Bo off. Folks are assuming he will be presumed dead, but that is overdone. What can be done that's realistic and soapy at the same time.

A good idea would have PR come back for a few episodes to play out the drama. Maybe Laurence Alamain could kidnapp Bo and we see him locked up in a dungeon. Bo is forced to call Hope and tell her he's moved on with another woman (Possible Carly who's also being held prisoner) and he's not coming back to Salem ever. Hope can't and won't believe it at first and assumes something is wrong she and Vargas go searching for Bo and she finds "evidence" that he's really moved on as Bo watches from a camera.

Hope returns to Salem and after months of feeling abandoned she recovers and moves on. If PR ever decides to return or they recast, an escaped Bo can show back up in Salem.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

they should just have Hope cheat. She's been lonely for long enough and she's been dealing with the stress of being a single mother and working long hours in Bo's absence. Ive noticed she and Vargas seemingly had a bit of a chemistry test this past week. Maybe she gets an attraction to him and in a moment of weakness, they kiss. Somehow a picture is taken, it goes public and Bo finds out and divorces Hope off camera. That transitions her into her next story as she finds herself wanting to be with Vargas but is forced to fight those feelings bc Ciara hates him and starts acting out more. Not to mention she's a cop and he's an ex-con and theres the fact that she has no clue about his dirty dealings with Nick

• Members

Just kill him on an offscreen assignment. Hope investigates and discovers he was doing secret work for the ISA. It leads into a larger mystery plotline which could introduce a potential new love interest, and the door is left open that Bo could have survived - no body found. Done. Not that hard.

• Members

I agree that they should "kill" off Bo, but make sure no body is found so it can be open that he'll come back. I think that they should do a small story arc with Steve, Shane, and the ISA. Have Bo (offscreen) go and help Shane and Steve over in some foreign country go and stop some random villain (preferably a very much alive Lawrence Alamain) and for Steve and Shane to return home wracked with guilt as they have to announce to the family that Bo was "murdered." The fallout (if done properly) can cause a ripple effect of story for the Bradys. Steve, who DAYS needs to woo back, would have to deal with a livid and heartbroken Kayla over the loss of her brother. She'd of course blame Steve b/c he recruited Bo to help. Steve would of course choose to stick around to look after Hope & Ciara, out of obligation to Bo, Kayla wants him gone from Salem (SN: No Steve/Hope romance excl.png ). Cast an obstacle Kayla and Steve (paging Dr. Mike Horton) and play the beats from there.

Kim, unlike Kayla, would be conflicted with Shane but forgive him, much to the chagrin of some. Hope will become heavily depressed and then have to deal with a rebellious (and angry) Ciara, who blames her mother for not stopping Bo. Roman, who could've encouraged Bo to go, could be wracked with guilt too. Have him start drinking and Marlena come to his rescue. While Marlena tries to ween Roman from the bottle, John grows tired of being second to his wife and once again falls into the clutches of Kristen. Later, have Lawrence come to town and become obsessed with Hope--a twisted way to try and steal a woman from Bo, as Bo stole Carly from him previous years.

• Members

Really tho a fake death for Bo where no body is ever found would be so tiresome -- why make Hope/KA go thru all those emotions and grieving when we *know* it will be undone in 2-5 years when Days ends and Bo comes back? I would prefer Stefano kidnapping Bo and forcing him under duress to break up with Hope by letter/audio/video.

• Members

I don't like the idea of Bo beign kidnapped bc then he comes across as a deadbeat to Ciara. Its one thing to break up with Hope but to stay away from his child? I don't think they'd buy that for too long. If they have an actual breakup, the show can then at least write around him and pretend as if they have a relationship offscreen as they've done in the past like when Lucas left town Allie would alternate between he and Sami

I do like the idea of combining my Vargas scenario with the ISA/death one. Maybe he files divorce papers but before anything can be served, he is "killed" and then Hope learns the truth behind why he's been away so much which adds to her guilt. Maybe Billie can make a brief return for the memorial service, revealing that they were partners and Hope misdirects her anger at Bo at Billie, accusing Billie of taking him away from her. She tries her best to assure Hope that nothing happened. Before she makes her exit again, she gets emotional and confesses to Kate that they got real close again, spending all that time together alone and old feelings were reawakened. She can leave town leaving the audience wondering of something did or didn't happen between them.

With no husband, Hope has Vargas to lean on and support her but then again she has all those other problems I listed above including the judgement from Bo's family

• Members

I'm against death scenarios to break up popular couples or super couples. The stories are too depressing and predictable.

It is very realistic for Bo to flip-flop between Hope and Billie.

Going with Cheap's line of thought. Let Hope have a moment with Vargas caught on camera for some scandal to ensue - a hug or something, a look. Bo and Hope start fighting over the phone. Do the Billie return. Slowly reveal that Bo and Billie had gotten much closer while working together. Bring back PR for a few episodes to wrap things up nicely on the Ciara end for Bo (ex: set up visitations). Proceed to divorce Bo and Hope.

• Members

Of course I agree. Just let it not be Stephano that plot point is tired too. Hell it could be mentally unstable Carly that kidnaps him and he eventually develops Stockholm. But him dying is a no no and I can't see him and Hop just leaving each other.

Or maybe and Chelsea and Ciara become ill around the same time and chooses to stay with Chelsea instead of being there with Hope. Hope eventually has enough, sends Ciara to boarding school or with Shaun and divorces Bo.

• Members

I am typically NEVER a fan of recasting a legendary character, especially one as legendary as Bo.. but seeing RKK on GH might have persuaded my mind. I've watched Days since 1996 so I don't remember RKK in the role as Bo, but I know he had quite a bit of airtime in the years he was on Days. Now, here is my plot development idea of what to do with Bo.. but keep in mind that I KNOW no actor will ever be Bo the way PR is, but let's be honest TPTB are kind of in a sticky situation when it comes to the whole Bo dilemma situtation right now. If RKK would agree to come on the show here is my idea...

Hope continues to "talk" to Bo on the phone about how much they miss him while he is doing travel assignments for ISA undercover work and traveling so much between Chicago, Detroit, DesMoines, etc ( I refuse to beleive that he would ONLY be in Chicago since Chicago is such a "short distance" from Salem.. he would have made weekend trips or something in to see his familly).. so he's been traveling so much and working 70 hours/week but he continues to promise it's just a temporary assignment and he will be back soon. One day when he is "talking" to Hope/Ciara on the phone he tells them his assignment is almost finished and he will be returning next week!! They are extatic of course. However, a week goes by.. no word from Bo.. two weeks.. and then finally Hope finds some evidence that at the end of his assignment Bo was found out and kidnapped... Hope being the cop/detective she is is determined to find Bo and save him. She finds small amounts of evidence along the way.. a "morphed" voice phone call from his kidnapper, Roman helps her trace the number back to a location.. she is on the hunt and determined to find Bo! However, Hope knows she can't do this alone.. she needs help! So who does she call? Her son of course! Hope calls Shawn (played by Jason Cook *wink wink*) and she tells little sailor man that she needs his help to find Bo and get him home safe (we dont see Shawn on camera yet) just another "fake" phone call. Shawn arrives to Salem the next door, knocking on the door of Bo/Hope's house.. who does he have with him? Belle (played by Martha Madison) and Claire!! They surprise Hope and tell her that Belle is pregant (as Martha is IRL) with a baby boy! Celebration and happy times ensue for an episode or two for Shawn and Belle to be reunited back in Salem.. then Hope and Shawn take off together out of town where their most recent clue has taken them.. after spending a week or so of false leads, heart to heart talks, Shawn being there for his mom, and both of them being so determined to bring Bo home safe.. they finally track down Bo's kidnapper to a cabin in the woods somewhere (by now, we have seen the kidnapper..but never Bo).. Throw in some action/adventure in the cabin.. the kidnapper is distracted or knocked out or something.. Hope finds a man unconscious who is tied up to a chair with a bag over his head...she takes off the bag to find..... Bo (as played by RKK)... they're reunited.. quickly get out of harm's way before the cabin is burned down as the kidnapper sets the cabin on fire.. Shawn D barely escapes and Hope and NuBo are free to enjoy life in Salem with friends and family (as well as Shawn/Belle/Claire who are back for good)...RKK can sign a contract and re-evalute in a few years how the critical reception has gone with him in the role/PR's willingness to come back, etc...

I know it's controversial to recast... but I think it would make for awesome story with Hope in the lead.. it could even be drawn out quite a bit more with the Shawn/Belle return and pregnancy.. Vargas could be involved with Hope, Abe/Roman/Caroline/Kayla could all be supporting the main storyline. Just my quick thoughts :)

Archived