OLTL: Thursday, May 23, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

As long as everybody's knocking Matthew for being a deadbeat, I would really enjoy a scene where Natalie tells Matthew what it feels like to raise her child alone and how she worries about the long term impact John's abandonment will have on Liam.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It could happen so naturally. And Natalie wouldn't necessarily have to be scolding Matthew. She could just be talking about her own difficulties without realizing how Matthew might take it. I could even see Matthew defending John because John was someone he looked up to. It could just be an interesting scene. Matthew acting as surrogate John, while Natalie is herself or surrogate Destiny.

• Members

Was I the only one today thinking that someone should remind Bo that he wasn't much of a father to HIS own son Drew, much like Matthew is now. I was waiting for Nora to say something today when they were discussing getting Matthew to spend more time with his son. Bo could easily speak to Matthew and explain how fast time is and how he sees Matthew making the same mistakes he made and that how he hopes Matthew and Drews time together isn't cut short as Bo' was with his first son

• Members

I so love this idea! I'm trying to remember, did we ever get Matthew in scenes with cousin Natalie before? I remember back further we used to get Kevin/Joey/Jessica with CJ/Sarah a good amount but I don't remember the later generation of kids mixing it up as much with extended family. Anyway, this works regardless- Matthew/Clint are tight and Bo/Nat are tight plus Natalie is now friends with Destiny so its all very interconnected. I hope they play this beat- these writers seem to get the importance of family connections so maybe it will happen. At this point, Destiny has been better integrated with Matthew's family so we need some scenes of him and the Buchanans. Plus, Rob is too good to limit to drinking games and shirtless scenes in the apartment.

• Members

We don't know once we hit into the Shelter episodes if we'll see everyone. With the regular episodes, OLTL has been doing a pretty good job with showing the cast, but I can't say I like this change until we get into the Snoop week.

• Members

The previews for Snoop week (which I think is now 2 weeks) feature a good number of characters . I always love that they bring Snoop in as Bo's old friend so I expect a good week for Bora fans. I don't like the change but I'm trying to be positive. I expect more of shift in who is featured once we hit the point where RH heads back to tape GH. That will free up a decent amount of space on the canvas even though I'll miss Todd. Hopefully Dorian's part will amp up once we get past the first taped cycle where Robin was ill. I love the younger crew but can see that they need a rest day- not sure how fast that will come on the new schedule.

Does anyone else feel driven to drink when reading the comments under the episode on Hulu?

• Members

Really? There was like 4 mins of Michelle based scenes, and they were clearly there (at this point) to show Dani's feelings. I mean of course you can ff all you want, but they were barely even about Michelle (but I admit I seem to be one of the few soap fans who doesn't watch with my finger on the FF trigger whenever someone is on screen who I don't find interesting.)

• Members

LOL I feel like we're watching different shows ;) My main issue with the John thing, related to GH. On GH wasn't it basically said that Nat would not take John's calls at all and was hiding behind her dad? Here they make it sound like he just has never called her--still I never cared much about John, and his reasoning on GH for staying away from his son was inane so I can go with it.

SO I guess Destiny DOES work nights at the Banner--so much for my idea that she was secretly working nights at sugardaddy.com or whatever though I guess there could be more there.

Completely disagree with your last point. They've shown us several times that Destiny refuses hand outs from Bo and Nora although they apparently keep trying to give them. She DID take some clothes for her son, and Bo and Nora sometimes babysit him--but both of those things are things I feel nearly any loving grandparent would offer and want to do, and it would be stubborn and foolish to not accept them. That doesn't make her independent. Natalie also was happy to accept Vicki looking after Liam--does that mean she's a co-dependent leech to her family?

Archived