OLTL: Thursday, May 23, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well it was the final year, and if that was truly the last episode then having the Buchanans have a new baby Buchanan was a nice way to end the series (especially with Matthew waking up after all that time). I remember that episode where Matthew narrated from his coma and it looked like it was his death episode. That was great writing only they forgot to have him die. I don't know if the Buchanans are as wealthy as they used to be, but surely there has to be a condo somewhere to put Destiny and Drew up rent free.

• Members

Really liked the Todd/Blair/Jack stuff- just good family drama. LOLed at Jack pulling veganism out of the air. Ugh to RH taking time away from this for that tomfoolery going down on GH. My spine chilled when Todd mentioned Starr (which is so sad because Todd/Shorty was one of my favorite soap relationships of any kind ever)- but may Lauren-Kiki-Starr stay far away. Andrew is making me feel for Jack. Hell hath frozen over.

Natalie and Cutter are so sparkly. I smiled like a fool at the computer at them in the coffee shop. Yay for a kind of-sort of Viki/Nat scene- I've missed Viki as a mom even though I'm glad she has other things now. I liked the phone call ending with the slo-mo and the music. I wonder if we'll see a John recast eventually.

This Banner stuff is the best Viki story in forever. I hope someone shows it to Ron C. Clint being all up in the Banner's business totally works since he ran the paper for years- him as Asa Jr the BE CEO is only JvD Clint right? Love Jeffrey in earnest Clark Kent mode. Hire him already Viki. I like how Clint has been shown sniffing in everyone's story from the Banner to Natalie to Matthew to Jeffrey's career to Dorian.

Speaking of Jeffrey. I feel sorry for him already- he is obviously headed for Destiny and Destiny's heart belongs to her babydaddy and always will, no matter how much of a tool he is currently. I like that they kind of established that already today. Nora knows it, Des said it. If Matthew changes his tune, I feel like its game over Jeffrey. But that will take 3-4 years on our ep schedule so maybe Jeffrey will be happy for awhile.

NuDrew is precious but aging him kind of doesn't help Matthew's likability. Now we're supposed to believe this deadbeat stuff has been going on for like 2.5-3 years and he ignores that chatty, cute little moppet who was all playful with Bo? It was easier to take when Drew was less interactive. Ok wait now she's dropping Drew off with Matthew in the preview? I am so confused. Didn't Nora just tell Bo that he told them all he wanted nothing to do with the kid?

Today would have been a good day off for Matthew and Hurricane Mija- they added little and I say this as a big fan of the Three's Company crew. I did laugh at the super deep conversation Matthew was having with Internet girl about rain and religion and other ridiculousness. Oh well at least they weren't drunk which should give the pearl clutchers on facebook less to whine about.

Snoop in the preview! I could care less about his music and I don't even think he's relevant or hip anymore but his unabashed love for OLTL has always made me smile.

• Members

I loved the whole theme of ending on new life (one life awww) but the whole second teen pregnancy in 3 years with characters who looked 14 was kind of icky. I have been saying for weeks that the Buchanan mansion is apparently vacant unless Renee is there all alone. I feel like Nora & Bo would buy Des a condo and she won't let them is the beat they're trying to give us though.

• Members

Todd on Dorian: "She's going to need a few decades of beauty sleep before it begins to work" Ouch! Thats some real shade

Jack: "He wasnt my uncle. He was my dad"

Todd: "Then what am I?"

Jack: "A stranger"

Go Jack. Im glad he clarified that. He really does come across as a young Todd as he has that rage thing down pat. Poor boy. I hope Vic returns soon. Blair kind of broke my heart as well when she started tearing up

Ugh, Todd mentioned the unmentionable one.

Drew was so cute when he was talking about needing to eat. When Nora said that Destiny is technically their daughter, that instantly reminded me of Rachel, whom Ive forgotten.

I thought it was Matthew having that day dream but it was Dani. Man was it hot. She was out of line going through his private messages. LOL at her acting like there was a bug on his Mac

Dani: "Running. Its like walking, just faster"

LOL at Natalie and Viki's convo. I need them to interact onscreen. I love that the show is finally starting to use Natalie after such a slow start. Ugh to John popping up again

Obviously you just started watching bc you must have missed Destiny refusing handouts from the Buchanan. She'll take gifts they offer for Drew, but she doesn't want them to give her stuff and doesn't want them to support her. She wants to provide for her child and that is HER choice

• Members

Destiny is by far my favorite of the younger set. I know LH is inexperienced and a lot of people have griped about her acting, but I really like her. Experience will come and she has this vulnerability that makes her rootable for me. I really love how they've sprinkled her around the canvas, interacting with different people and allowed us to learn different aspects of her character through those interactions. She's so much more than Matthew's castoff baby mama. I enjoyed her conversation with Viki, and the family scenes with Bo and Nora and Drew. I'm going to really enjoy this fiercely independent, loving young woman.

• Members

ITA 100%. I was one of the few that enjoyed Shenell's Destiny but I'm really enjoying LH so far, and she's definitely my favorite out of the younger cast. I loved today's show especially Destiny/Bo/Nora, Clint/Viki, and Todd/Blair/Jack.. The show always leaves me wanting more, too bad we have to wait til next Tuesday for the next episode.

• Members

My new catch phrase is "good things come to those who wait". It just seems to work for me. I certainly want more. Longer episodes and more of them. But then I want more House of Cards NOW too. But I will enjoy Tuesday no less just because it didn't come sooner. The show really seems to be finding it's legs and the flow is more seamless, at least for me. The scenes blend into each other better and have a cohesiveness that the early shows kind of lacked IMO.

• Members

I think the past few eps (everything from the stuff where she walked in on the photoshoot to today) have been good character-building stuff for her. The single mom friendship with Nat was cute. The scenes with Bo & Nora were really good- she clearly is their family but isn't comfortable letting them treat her like that because Matthew's not in the picture. She's had nice little stuff with Viki & Clint. Now when things start to move forward with Jeffrey, when Matthew comes back in the picture, when whatever soap kid misfortune ultimately happens to Drew, we get her and we care because Bo & Nora & Natalie & Viki care. This is how you work in a recast (particularly an inexperienced actress who does not look like the original)- start them slow, play them with vets who have reason to care about the character.

+ 100. I thought the sky had fallen last week with the PP press release. But a full week into the new schedule, I'm finding its not the end of the world. We saw almost everybody this week & the pacing issues aren't as horrific as I thought. I agree too- the show has improved tremendously from week 1.

• Members

Natalie Buchanan goes to church? mj-laughing.gif

Viki really doesn't like Clint in her business, that's going to be a source of tension for them.

Nice scenes with Destiny, Bo and Nora, really an old school soap feel to them.

• Members

I don't mind Viki reminding Clint that her name is on the door and it's her paper but I had to LOL when she refused Clint's ideas but when Clint told them to Jeffery and Jeffery went back and told Viki, she loved them when she thought they were his (Jeffery's) but when she found out they were Clint's she was pissed. Clint is overbearing at times but I can't fault the man for wanting to help his loved ones.

As much as I enjoyed FINALLY seeing Viki and Natalie together, I want to see them actually in the same scene and not on the phone. I don't like that they've kept Natalie away from her parents. But I do LOVE that it seems Natalie is finally getting more airtime, which was lacking.

I feel for Jack. Never in a million years did I ever think I'd say that, but I feel bad for all that he's dealing with where his fathers are concerned.

I wish they'd start to develop Matthew and Dani more, than just sitting around the apartment getting drunk and wondering where their next lay is going to come from. Rob Gorrie is a true find but I hate how they are using him.

Love the new Destiny and I think she is to good for Matthew, wish they wouldn't even go there.

• Members

Love seeing more Natalie. Love Cutter and Natalie & Viki and Natalie. Don't even mind John calling since I don't actually have to see him.

I hope Todd and Jack can make some headway before Todd leaves again.

There hasn't been much Todd/Blair progress either.

Nice to see Dani actually doing some school work.

I love The Banner storyline.

Archived