AMC: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to say I envy the AMC fans. 90% of the FB comments on Monday's episode were about your show and the stories - people tsking at Miranda for treating Bianca so bad, etc. - and 90% of the OLTL comments were people pissing and moaning about two days a week and the evils of anyone under 35.

• Members

J.R./Cara/David/Angie/Jesse is just genius.

And I haven't watched it yet, but let me get this in for today's round of Angela Hubbard Betrays Black America - as per Angie cheating, she's done it before. She cheated on Charles on Loving - her second husband - with Jacob. She was torn up, but she did it. And liked it.

• Members

It's not OLTL that's lame, it's those fans. I like both shows but for different reasons. AMC I really like the show old fashioned stories. I read people here bashing Pete and Celia, but I like their hokey old fashioned romance. Her little fashion show, his gratuiious shirtless shot, and he gallantly sleeping above the covers had a very old fashioned charm to it all. Most soaps wouldn't waste a minute on a fashion segment that had no story happening, but it was a nice touch. OLTL I like the stories and to my mind the younger people have more going on storywise than Bo, Nora, Clint and Dorian. I actually would rather watch the new reporter guy. That guy is a keeper, if they are able to keep him.

• Members

I enjoyed her on both, though I didn't watch either very regularly. I believe bringing Angie and Frankie on the show (and later Darnell as Jacob, Jesse's twin...cousin? brother?) was an Agnes/Lorraine Broderick move. They spent a while being connected to Charles - the police chief, I think - and then in the final year of the show, alongside the Loving Murders, Angie fell for Jacob, Charles fell back in love with his high school sweetheart Lorraine, and Angie, Jacob and Frankie moved to New York and The City, where they eventually adopted Cassandra.

The Brown/Esensten team seemed to be big on Debbi and Darnell at both shows - they also were there to bring them back to AMC in 2008. I thought they treated them right for the most part, but they were never great geniuses aside from that.

• Members

Same. I like the story, and Pete, but it is definitely old school. And Jordan Lane Price isn't there yet, or the character isn't, but there is time. I didn't mind the fashion montage.

Archived