GH50: Week of May 20...

• Members

It's a plot pointed mess! Everything is to set up what's coming up next with no real meaning as stand alone scenes. But hey, FRon brought back vets. Matters not that they have no stories or are really connection to the canvas - the vets are back. YAY!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I kind of like how on DAYS the younger folks are driving story and the vets are supporting players. It makes it a multi-generational show. I'm sorry but people in their 60s should not be parading around like they are 20,30, & 40 years old. DAYS is atleast setting the show up for the future by telling stories to get us invested in these younger characters. I'm invested in the Will story. GH isn't doing that. You can't rely on the vets forever. You can't count on them to come back and help stop the bleeding ratings. They won't be around forever. So I think GH needs to work on setting itself up for the future like DAYS has been doing. I may be over exaggerating here but GH this past month has reminded me of Guiding Light & Passions final years/months. A old wounded show that is limping along waiting to bite the dust. For me its seriously that bad. I wish right now ABC would either get a new regime, or dump the show so Prospect Park can scoop it up.

• Members

Today's episode, air May 20, directed by William Ludel, Script by Passanante/Hall should be the submitted episode for writing, directing, production, actor: Geary; actress Elliot support actor: Morgan actor (come to me baby). What an amazing episode. Cartini are brilliant.

• Members

Well, I have to give it to Passanante/Hall for Tracy's scenes alone. Jane Eliot KILLED it and finally told Luke what we've all been wondering about why the hell she'd ever take his brokedown ass back. The dialogue was decent, too. Tracy saying "I'm sick of making a meal out of crumbs" -- I got chills from JE's delivery.

The Laura/Scotty wedding though? For the birds. At least this episode didn't have Britt/Sabrina or relish in it because I just can't with that mess.

• Members

JE rocked the hell out of those scenes! But of course, the Empowerment Of Women will last only one day as it is just a matter of time before FRon degrades the rest of them. My only problem is those scenes only seved TG's exit. I would like to have seen some self reflection from Luke. He runs to Tracy after the LL coffin is nailed shut after getting boozed up? Tracy nailed him, but now we don't get Luke until TG feels like returning? May as well not give me something that good (all JE, of course) if nothing comes after it.

Sigh. Who else can we get for Anna?

• Members

I actually think that Bambi and Massive Jaw look *amazing* in that last Twitter pic. Best they have ever looked, ever. Their eyes! If they looked like that on the show, I might actually watch all that yipping and neighing and arf-arfing that passes for foreplay between Michael and Starr Fifi the Show Pony.

• Members

Well Duke of course! ;) I love me my Duke and Anna (though not necessarily the sleepy writing for them on the show right now).

They just need to stick TG's ass on recurring. Since this show has become one giant, recurring, Special Guest Star-fest. TG should be right at home with the other vets who come and go on a recurring basis. Some of them are almost as old as he is! Give or take 10 years.

Archived