FX Canada drops AMC/OLTL!?!?!?

• Members

In some places in Canada, FX Canada is only available with an HD package. If someone already had the channel not a big deal, if someone already had HD, but not FX Canada less of a big deal as if they upgraded to get it they probably could cancel easily, if they had to add HD to get it they may be locked into a contract.

Yes cable companies change their schedules, but usually they advertise changes and they don't just pull things overnight.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah but if you're locked into a deal they don't want you downgrading. If I downgrade what I have now I'd end up paying more than I already do

That shouldn't be their only option though. Not everyone is willing or able to pay $20 a month for two shows that only have 2 episodes a week.

To me that price is way too high for 2 episodes a week.

• Members

First: Still don't feel FX Canada was screwed in any way that we know of. They could have easily dropped that 2-hour block anywhere on their weekly schedule but chose not to, so yeah.

Second: If you were willing to pay for an expanded cable package to watch these shows, then $10 for 20 episodes (roughly 1 and a half months now) shouldn't be a problem for you.

• Members

I agree it shouldnt be the only option but it is the most widely accesible way for fans to watch in Canada

They could have put them on back to back on Sundays . Yeah I agree they could still air them but chose not to. Thats fine. but they aint no victim.

• Members

So, if we have three episodes per week (two of the actual show, one "MORE"), and there are typically four weeks in a month, that's 12 episodes per month on average for each show. Which leaves eight episodes, or a little under three weeks, in the next month.

Too bad you can't have TWO pricing plans: one that includes "MORE," and one that doesn't.

Archived