FX Canada drops AMC/OLTL!?!?!?

• Members

On Friday May 17, both All My Children and One Life to Live were completely removed from the schedule and from FXC's website and replaced with re-runs of 30 Rock. This comes just one day after PP announced both shows are being cut to just two episodes per week. Fans here are not too happy. FX Canada was the ONLY place in Canada to watch the two soaps, as they are not available online here. No word yet from either FX Canada or PP.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know someone who lives in Canada who told me they haven't seen any ads for AMC or OLTL on FX Canada all of this week (even before the announcement and last week they were seeing them very often.)

• Members

I feel sorry for the people who upgraded their cable services and now are stuck with channels they do not want and cannot cancel because they had to sign up for a year. I can understand those people feeling entitled to an apology as they were screwed out of money. Most of us just are getting less, but these people if they want to watch legally will have to spend money again and buy from iTunes Canada.

• Members

Not true at all. We can get Hulu here in Canada. Firefox has an add on that is free that allows us to access Hulu. It's so easy it's ridiculous! I've been watching online for the last two weeks because it's more convenient for me to sit on front of the TV for an hour a day.

• Members

They must not be on that channel much. I have been seeing non stop ads for th soaps. I've had American Horror Story on for the last 2 hours and have seen ads each half hour for OLTL/AMC. They say they are airing them 3 times a day. Of course, this could have been pre-arranged advertising before the changes to the number of shows being produced was announced, but from every indication, FX will still be airing the shows.

• Members

I didn't notice any decline in ads until yesterday, which is what made me check out their website last night to find every mention of AMC/OLTL was gone. And they were still tweeting about the shows (notifying that the shows would air 9-10am on Monday because of a marathon during the day, previewing Billy Clyde's return to AMC) up until Thursday.

Although I guess it's still possible it's unrelated to the episode cut. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like FX Canada is going to say anything on the matter.

• Members

Is that add-on legal? If it is, what is it called and why has no one promoted it? I can send this information over to the person I spoke with who is very upset about this turn of events.

Archived