PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

What exactly is a "typical" soap schedule, though? In the UK they're less than ours per week and they're far stronger and healthier than our output. Supposedly there was hue and cry when those shows expanded to three or four days. I don't care if they're on five days a week. I care that they're good and doing well.

I do think it's too extreme an adjustment to make so quickly. I would've cut to 3.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Advertisers do care about binging. Most like to pay based on used views per day on a particular show, if a viewer is doing an omnibus within a two hour period on one day, advertisers may not want to cut a check for anything more than one unique view for the day. Advertisers online can be selective and sometimes it's fight to get them to pay for some views.

• Members

We're used to having our shows five days a week for an hour. It was a major adjustment going to four at half an hour. Now this?

I just told my dad I'm done. There's no way I'm getting any deeper in this mess. I'm not going to watch these stories unfold at a snail's pace, an hour a week.

Here's an idea: Maybe you would save some money if you cut that useless "MORE" show.

• Members

At least they are being honest and using facts. As I said in another post, sitting down at the computer watching the shows on the same day, doesn't always work for me. It's not the same as on TV. Anyway, trying to launch both at the same time probably was a mistake. I felt compelled to watch both and then moved more to OLTL. I do see them increasing to three a week or alternating weeks. Let's just be glad that we received additional episodes. It's definitely better than nothing! I'd rather that they focus on quality, then producing a cr*p product.

• Members

The fact is that in just about every other part of the world, most soaps - much more successful than our network soaps - are not running five days a week for an hour a day. They're at 30 minutes 3 or 4 days a week. So this is an adjustment you would've had to have eaten someday one way or another. I don't think they should be at 2 and I don't think that will last, but in terms of their being a half hour and not five days a week anymore? Get over it.

IT'S FREE.

• Members

I'm going to cancel my Hulu subscription.

I'm fine with how it is NOW. It was an adjustment, but it was one I happily made. I will NOT continue to invest my time and money in two days a week. I have better things to do and frankly it won't hold my attention.

Archived