AMC: Thursday, May 16, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the things I like so far is that they've made Cassandra fairly smart and strong without turning her into a Joss Whedon heroine (as much as I love those). I was thrilled when she spit out the pill they gave her and I liked her telling the other girl that if she got out she (Cass) would go find the other girl's baby.

I really wonder what aftermath they have planned for this. Cass, Colby and Pete were all friends once. I'd like to see them help her through this once she gets home. I'd also like to see Bianca help her deal with the rape.

• Members

Thursday's episode was so good, probably the best one so far. I am disappointed now this will be the last time its a 4 episode a week show, but I am so invested in the stories that I will deal, for now. I just hope the writing is adjusted to reflect the new reality....

As all of you have mentioned, Agnes' signatures were all over this episode. Its amazing how classic of a tone the episode had... it was great.

JR and Cara, interesting.... I love it how JR knows what we all suspected, that the baby is alive. I am glad... to have another one of David's children dead would be just too much.

• Members

LOL! For a while it looked like Julia was going to open a free clinic in Wildwind, so...

Maybe this can be Erica's entrance! She's become the world's greatest rape counsellor and swoops in! (and seems to live in the CHandler Parlour, or even better in Opal's cramped parlour :D )

• Members
If Erica is to return (which I still pray and hope for, even if it is only for a temporary arc), I would like to see business bring her back to town and have her immediately at odds with Brooke.

Like if Chandler under Brooke acquired one of Erica's ventures. I think that would be amazing!

• Members

LOVED Thursday's episode! Pete running off with Celia was so fabulously soapy! Bianca and Miranda's conversation felt very real in terms of a teenager disagreeing with her mother. Love that Miranda is sticking by AJ. JR/Cara and the revelation that he heard everything was great - I knew that was coming and had been saying for weeks that he likely overheard it. I got a slight sense at the end of that scene that despite his whole "Gosh I'm sorry" spiel that he won't have a problem blackmailing Cara.

I ADORE that Pete and David may go into business together, and I hope PP remembers that David and Pete were once stepbrothers - David's mother Vanessa was married to Palmer Cortlandt. I love the idea of David helping to build up CE as a possible way to try to take down Chandler.

My absolute favorite was David and Bianca's scene together. They have so much history to draw on, and the actors play off each other so incredibly well. I am praying that we get a David/Bianca bond in their mutual grief, and I really hope that JR waking up brings out some of the dark side we know Bianca is capable of having. I don't want her to be too perfect and sweet.

ETA: I also think that Adam's absence, that he didn't rush home the moment he heard JR was awake speaks volumes about the state of their relationship and should make for some interesting scenes moving forward.

Archived