OLTL: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I love David's "Step-Nora" thing. I could have kinda done without any of that nonsense but it was fine.

IDK how I feel about Matt/Dani. lmao at that music playing during the picture taking. It sounded so dated.

I think Victor left prints on the decanter but I could be wrong.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Matthew is a cheeseball with a beautiful body. This is exactly the sort of thing Eddie's Matthew would have done with the pictures. And the Matt/Dani stuff is more real and natural -- and naturally sexual - than any frontburner relationship in that age range that I've seen on soaps in years. I liked her objectifying him. They're just great together, even if they're both a mess. It reminds me of the young people on the show in the early '90s.

I also like the clear divide between Matthew and Dani, the reckless hedonists, and Destiny and Jeffrey who are more grounded. We had those characters then, too.

• Members

I loved the song that played during that initial Dani and Matthew song. Im loving the setup to get them to be a couple. They have chem for sure. Matthew was being super awkwardly cheesy with those photos. I realize that he looks alot like someone I know

Also digging Destiny and Jeffrey. LMAO at her delivery of "yes we do!"

This show is going a bit too fast. Would have liked to have seen Jack taking Todd to the hospital and Bo questioning him. We open up and Todd is already getting released?

"You want me to solve the case for you? This is your case commisioner" laugh.png

Damn Blair and Cutter have chemistry too.

Loved the Bo and Natalie interaction and love her in her current job. I dont recall her ever wearing the lab coat on ABC but it really adds to her role here. She always wore that police jacket instead.

jWlQ6Fi.jpg?1

Dv4hRYm.jpg?1

Mac shots of the day

• Members

I thought Destiny laughing off that line at the end was hilarious. She did that well. That whole scene is just down to earth drama and it really works for me.

I'll admit it's still a lot of culture shock, though, as a viewer, but in a good way - watching RC's GH, still in the mode of his OLTL, while OLTL itself is now a lot more grounded. Even the holdover umbrella storyline with the evil black ops organization has been treated in a much more matter-of-fact, hard-edged, less campy way, dealing with the political and journalism angles more than anything else so far. It's taking time for me to adjust to an OLTL that's more about people going through life, and actual, real day to day issues like these kids and their screwing around, or the more adult angles of a storyline about some sort of weird government conspiracy.

Todd and Blair were cute. And I liked Natalie figuring it out. I just don't know what the upshot story-wise is of these people figuring out Victor tried to poison Todd then stopped - the real story is where he has been and what he is still doing.

• Members
One thing I appreciate at least as of now is that that story doesnt have some big cartoon villian complete with incompetent minions. I have faith that when we learn the truth about what happened to Victor, that it wont be as stupid and over the top as the episode surrounding Victor and Todd being brothers

• Members

Really good show today. Loved all the character interaction. I can't keep up with Todd/Victor story. It's such a mess.

Only drawback was Dani/Matthew. Way too many scenes of that photo session. The actors have chemistry but the set up is so cheesy and cliched. Destiny/Jeffrey didn't get near the amount of airtime today but they feel more natural and organic.

Speaking of them, Jefrey gave Destiny terrible advice. Matthew can't be forced to bond with Drew. He has to want to. Now that Destiny has seen Dani/Matthew I hope she's going to ignore Jefffrey's advice. Matthew has nothing to offer Drew anyway.

• Members

Loved all of Today

Also today's scenes were the last batch included in the preview vid released April 10th by TOLN. So from now on, itll be new material that has not been previewed before

One more thing, I thought Matt felt guilty when Destiny took off with Drew at the end. Like he knew he did something wrong.

• Members

LOVED today.

Wanted to see more of Jack finding Todd but I guess we'll get scenes of them soon. More Viki/Todd- love these writers getting that this is an important relationship. And Todd/Bo- so 90s-ish- do I need to solve the case for you? (nice callback to the Hospital Rapist story even if it was unintentional).

Natalie and Uncle Bo at work. Like seeing Bo/Nora look out for her while Clint keeps tabs on Matthew. Real families do that.

Did Natalie's hair get more red? The Disney princess line the other day was right because she has Ariel hair going on.

I would not mind a Blair/Cutter ONS. Just saying.

I will never tire of David Vickers saying StepNora. I know its silly and I do not care. I need a David/Matthew scene soon.

Love that Drew was just not that into Jeffrey. I liked that Matthew's photoshoot stuff was mostly played as goofy. If they had tried to play it as some smoldering thing, I would have cringed. Jeffrey was not the brightest crayon in the box telling dragging Destiny back to force Drew on Matthew. I wanted her to shut that down but I guess that was done to show she still has some feelings for Matthew. Matthew and Dani do have some chemistry but I'm still getting that he's more into it and Mija won't hesitate to drop him for some older, edgier guy. Paging Frankie Holden.

Oh and Viki looked lovely today!

Archived