AMC: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Technically Cassandra never claimed to be a virgin. She sad that her parents didn't even allow her to date until she was 16 and Yuri told her that if she were a virgin he could make a lot of money off her but I don't remember her confirming that.

• Members

Maybe when Celia and Pete go on the run, they end-up in Center City where Celia is abducted by the Russians. Only unlike Cassandra, no one notices, and no one goes to her rescue, and she lost in the trafficing ring forever.

Yes, I hate Celia that much.

• Members

Good episode! Loved everything about it, aside from Zach's sexual harassment-style comments about Lea.

I was shocked that Opal seemed to go out of her way to sabotage Petey and Celia's relationship though. Does she think Celia is a bad influence? Or was she just completely unaware that she was totally spilling the beans about Celia's transgressions?

I think Opal is not getting that much airtime though. It's not really that different from her ABC role.

I agree with KMan101 that Ryan Bittle does sound a little like Jacob Young.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Poor Jill Larson's hair was fried. Weird scenes with Evelyn. Opal can be a blabbermouth and she can be deluded, but she's not an idiot, and she knows social cues. She would have known Evelyn wasn't too thrilled with what she was saying, and that perhaps a woman running a school wouldn't like the idea of an older man encouraging Celia to break curfew. Too plot-driven for me. I do love Francesca James' work in the role. That's about it.

If Opal was doing this to sabotage Pete and Celia, that makes more sense, but...does she have any reason to do that (beyond her psychic powers telling her they're putting me to sleep)?

Seeing JR trying to pick his life back up and being so ashamed, Miranda encouraging AJ to forgive him (will we see any reaction from her about this since Marissa was a mother figure to her for a while?), I like this. The profanity on this show seems more forced to me than it does on OLTL, although it depends on the character. When JR and AJ say it I don't believe it. It just sounds tacked on. The only one left is Dixie. I wonder if those "Cady is street" joke posts will come true soon.

Dixie + red lipstick + red jacket...distracting and glaring. She looked like she was 2/3 of the way through being a villain on the old Batman TV show.

Zach was such a sexist pig to Lea. I know this is probably supposed to be a sign of chemistry, and they do have some chemistry, but I hope she is not going to put up with that. I have to take back a little of my criticism of Paula Garces in the previous episode - she was better here.

The scenes with Angie and Jacob and the girl were my favorite part of the episode.

Archived