OLTL: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So is Tuesday our Shelter day?

Good episode- Monday was a bit better I think.

I didn't mind the Shelter scenes- the set is amazing and Cutter fits perfectly in role of former sleze trying to sort of but not really reform. Loved Blair & Natalie chatting like friends- my favorite favorite things about this OLTL is that we're getting lots of interaction between different characters. Biggest surprise- I did not hate JWoww- light years better than when Kourtney Kardashian did that godawful cameo. I'm not saying I want her in any kind of story but she can be the bartender and if we pick up some fans of Jersey Shore along the way, good for the show. Oh hated hated hated, white girl whatever that song was. More I Got You Babe please.

Victor was actually kind of frightening to me. Did not expect Jack to be the one to find Todd at the end. LOVED Tea crying and looking all sentimental in the nursey and then flashing back to wall sex. I would flash back to that too Tea.

The younger set needs a rest day but I thought they played well off each other. Who hasn't sat around playing some drinking game that really has no rules? I thought it would have been better if they mentioned Destiny had picked up Drew- does this mean we resume tomorrow with her coming to get him and finding the three of them passed out and alcohol bottles everywhere? Surprised Dani backed up Matthew's deadbeat behavior but I guess she's just kind of a mess now. Actually thought Matt & Des sparked way more when they were dancing at Shelter than the Matt/Dani kiss. I did not get that Dani was into him at all.That said, the show should (and I'm assuming will) explore Matt/Dani more especially since she was his one that got away when Eddie was in the role.

• Members

I thought the kids' stuff with the drinking game was great. I have been there one too many times and it was all written and acted very well, particularly when drunk Jeffrey began haranguing Matthew about Destiny. The Matt/Dani kiss was extremely hot. And both Gorrie and Bleu's bodies are unbelievable.

Jessie Malakouti could not be more raunchy and fairly unappealing, but I can stomach her for now. I thought Jenni Farley did well as Nikki - I enjoyed her and the stuff with all the ladies at the bar. Overall, from the kids' material to the much harder-edged club stuff to the larger umbrella with the paper and the conspiracy, the show just feels much more mature than anything on network. Rex's club never got this kind of action, that's for sure.

The Todd/Victor scenes were my only complaint. Way too brief and simple.

I LOLed at Nikki calling Natalie Cutter's "future ex-wife with semi-large tits." Finally, someone goes there!

• Members

I can't believe how right OLTL. I still don't know what the future holds with the Todd's possibly leaving and the possible addition of other characters, but they're off to such a smashing start. When most soaps try to modernize things it ends up looking cheesy, but they're not doing a bad job. I feel the writing for this show is in line with other primetime and cable shows. I'm impressed.

I LOVED the scenes with the young adults. I would love some sort of fluid sexuality with Matthew and Jeffrey possibly fooling around. It happens! And I'd love for one of them to turn out to be gay or bi and it not be a big deal. That's one thing I'd like these shows to deal with because it's just so natural to the world we live in.

Archived