AMC: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im over AJ. I cant stand the kid or Miranda. They and their angsty teen problems are annoying. There he goes saying sh-t again.

Angie: "Where did you find her?"

Jesse: "The dumpster" :lol:

I didnt think Id like Lea but I did. She seems like fun and the actress did alright on her first day

Why did they have Cassandra in a cop outfit? Who did they think she was? Natalia? Pet peeve I have is that I hate how they pronounce her name. All the Cassandra's Ive known have had it pronounced Cu-sandra, but they pronounce it Cu-sondra here. It keeps bothering me

Oh David, how foolish can you be to go see JR with a restraining order. And where the hell was the guard? I loved how he was there for Angie. Their scene was good. Jesse is such a little bitch. That showdown almost seems like they are setting up to have Angie leave him and end up with David.

• Members

More than he ever had with Kendall!tongue.png

Wow, today's episode is totally compelling! I felt so bad for AJ that he thinks JR never cared about him. For a moment, it looked like he'd start drinking, which seems to be a running theme through the Chandlers (Hayley, Skye, JR) and I hope that wasn't foreshadowing for AJ.

The scene where David revealed to JR that he killed Marissa was great, as was David calling out Jesse on keeping another secret from his wife. I also have to give props to Debbi Morgan for giving what I think was her best performance on the reboot so far. As uncomfortable as Cassandra's story makes me, I'm glad the show is addressing social issues again and the writing & directing of those scenes was powerful.

• Members

Oh wow David seriously needs punched in the throat and kicked in the balls by Jesse. He's in no position to judge anyone for not telling the truth about something nor is he in any position to judge someone for being an awful husband

I kind of like Lea.

Gawd how I love Eric Nelsen/AJ :wub:

RB is great recast for JR

• Members

Next years Emmy will probably go to the late Jeanne Cooper with her son Corbin Bernsen accepting on the family behalf. Kay's tumor and death will get Emmy sympathy votes and how Y&R go about writing her illness/death to submit for consideration. I just have this feeling about next year's Emmy's. Might be bad timing for Debbi and also Jess Walton with Jeanne Cooper in the illness/death scenes.

• Members

Angie would never leave Jesse for David. Jesse is the love of her life. I don't like the way the writers are writing the character of Jesse. Jesse is alot stronger than what the writers are writing for him unless they are preparing Darnell for the return of Jacob Foster, played by Darnell Williams, a dual role for him that would put him in great position for Emmy love.

• Members

Great episode - I love how this show is never boring or slow like it would occasionally get on ABC. Perhaps it's the quick 30 minute pacing.

So far so good with Lea aka Sinammon laugh.png So what's her story - why is she running Zach's prints? Is she undercover?

The Cassandra story is really good - it may be hard to watch sometimes - but they are doing a REALLY good job with it.

Still love AJ/Miranda. They are just so sweet together and the two actors are strong.

I'm liking Ryan Bittle too... wasn't sure if I would because JY is everything for me (always was my huge crush), but Ryan is doing a great job in the role so far.

• Members

Would JR even be charged with Marissa's death given the gun went off during a struggle? Any lawyer would argue he wasn't trying to kill Marissa and that we don't know who he was going to kill that night if anyone maybe he was going to commit suicide.

• Members

they couldnt get him on grounds of first degree murder but definetly manslaughter. He went there drunk with a gun. Theres several witnesses they could call in to attest to his mental state and animosity towards Marissa at the time. DIdnt she also have a restraining order? The main witness would be David as he saw him aiming the gun. Now whether they would consider him credible enough is a different story, but yes theres enough to at least charge JR.

• Members

JR PLANNED to kill Marissa and Bianca. He lured them to the party with fake texts, pretending to be Scott. He had his pilot file an altered flight plan so he'd have an escape alibi. Only David got to him first, and tragedy ensued anyway!

• Members

I think we're past the break because I'm seeing some changes: Cady's hair seems less blonde, VI's hair is shorter, they've toned down the language a little, plus no guitar riff.

I was cracking up at JR learning the details of that night. "Wait, Marissa's dead?" "Wait, you shot me?" I can't wait until Binks gets to him.

Zach clearly has spent plenty of time in titty bars. I loved that nasty innuendo. "So you prefer it in the back..." Kudos to him for remembering his lines with those tits in his face. I bet if you check the Stamford police blotter you'll see reports of a scruffy man in a Red Wings jersey running down the street screaming, "I love my job!!"

But UGH to the soap trope of the near miss. Cass takes the stage right after Zach hits the back. I hate that Clark Kent/Superman bullshit even though I understand why it's done. Fortunately, PP hasn't overused those tropes much yet.

I was surprised at those sheer little panties they had Cass in. When she walked off the stage, we got a suprising booty view which kind of adds to the authenticity. Although I think that if we were still in the first taping cycle they'd have had her in a thong. Sal's doing a very good job with some uncomfortable material. At first I thought it was ridiculous that they would put her on stage so quickly but the idea that she would do that in order to keep another woman from getting hurt makes perfect sense for the character given who raised her. She'll risk herself but not someone else. That's the button to push with Cass.

David and Jesse dick-measuring over Angie was PERFECTION! Vincent and Darnell played off of each other so well in that. Bring it on! I adored how David called him out for lying again. David Hayward spoke for me in that scene. I know I've been saying that I don't need to David/Angie to be romantic but when David asked Angie if there was anything he could do for her... oh did I have a list pop into my mind! LOL! I need a screen cap of the look David gave when Angie said that she knew Jesse had done everything humanly possible. It was a perfect example of a friend trying not to rip on another friend's significant other.

Archived