OLTL: Monday, May 13, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree with Carl. In the ABC finale Matthew did seem to accept Drew. Personally I would like a little more explanation as to what happened after the finale. I would have an easier time believing that Matthew was there for the first year or so and then bailed versus him essentially bailing on Destiny right after she gave birth.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know how much we can say he accepted it- he had one kind of lightbulb moment when David yelled at him and then he came around for the birth- but considering that was all we saw, I can believe he totally backpedaled once he saw the full amount of responsibility of an infant and also how much fun college was. But I agree with Dee that I wish we could have gotten some info on how that happened.

I'm not seeing the show pushing them as a great love. I think Clint is old school & wants him to take care of her and Nora/Bo just love her and feel bad about the whole thing. But I also buy that Destiny kind of has him on this great love pedestal even ifs a little sad and pathetic. She always seemed to be in love with him even when they gave her that other guy, she lost her virginity to him, it seemed like maybe he was possibly starting to develop feelings for her when he went into the coma (or that could just be he wanted to sleep with her again- but she doesn't see it that way) but they never got a chance to see where it would go, then she had his baby. I think she's majorly stuck on rose-colored glasses about what could have been even though she should see him for the current douche he's being. I also don't think he has no feelings for her whatsoever. On OLTL 1.0, no he didn't but with the different actors I can buy that his feelings might have changed right before the coma but now its a messy situation that so he keeps his distance. At the point where you are in the show, I think he really could care less about the kid but she seems to get under his skin.

By the way I'm enjoying these posts, its fun to read your thoughts as you catch up knowing what's coming up.

• Members

Destiny/Matthew - I'm going based on some of the comments made in the first More episode, not what's on the show.

I could see Matthew struggling with being a father. I can't see him giving up all responsibilities and spending three years whoring it up. I think he has become a very generic character. But I don't write the show, so that's just my opinion.

• Members

Oh ok I don't remember the first MORE ep comments- I guess that would be when they interviewed Rob & Erika. I totally agree that bumping Drew up from maybe just 1, if that to 3, was a stupid move that makes him look way worse than the writers seemed to realize. And someone should have realized. I suspect the thinking was to get a more reactive smiley toddler for cute scenes when Matthew does start to come around but yeah I agree with you there.

• Members

I'll defend Destiny a bit. Once Matthew told her he didn't want her once Dani came around I thought Destiny let Matthew go. She became friends with Dani. She accepted friendship with Matthew. Once Darren came along, she concentrated on that relationship. I never saw any outward pining for Matthew while she was with him. She's always been realistic when it comes to Matthew. She didn't assume they were together after they had sex. She had written it off. After Matthew had woken up from the coma she was pushing him to be there for Drew, not to be in a relationship with her. The only time we saw something different was when she got pissed at him for saying he wanted to meet new people when 2 weeks earlier he was telling her he did have feelings for her. Bottom line I don't think Destiny has ever had rose colored glasses when it comes to Matthew.

Frankly those scenes from this last Tuesday were OOC for Destiny. Destiny is the type where she will put her feelings in a box, lock that box in closet and move on.

Archived