OLTL: Monday, May 13, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Agree today was one of my favorite eps yet.

Viki and Todd are one of my favorite dynamics ever so 2 episodes in a row of them is just the most wonderful thing. I want to send the writers a guant muffin basket in appreciation.

Love David popping up with the manning kids and Todd in an otherwise heavy episode

Don't care for TSJ but damn if he didn't get me today when he gave Sam a second hug. FloLo brought it today as I expected she would. Still kind of glad it seems TSJ will be more of an occasional thing than a regular.

Happy to say i really think Andrew T has improved- but I cringed when Blair told Todd "your son is you" because he is so not capable of young Todd type material. Keep him close to kassie and roger for another 6 months or so before we get a full blown Jack story.

Rob Gorrie continues to impress as Matthew- there was nothing to like about Matthew today and yet I still do like him. I wish we had gotten a little scene of him and Drew in between when Jeffrey left and Dani came home. Also why was Destiny leaving her baby with recently OD'd Dani?!? But I appreciated them throwing her in with the roommates. Laura is green but not bad at all. I rolled my eyes when Jen Pepperman called this crew the A team on the first more OLTL but now I'm totally buying in.

Another montage! Yay- there is nothing I love more than soapy montages- one of the few things I liked about JFP as a producer.

I need a Natalie and Cutter scene soon but overall week is off to a really great start.

• Members

Very good episode today, full of great character driven scenes and interactions.

- I liked little Sam swearing and liked it even better when Blair told him that there would be no further talk like that coming from him. Blair is such a mom, and given her own background/upbringing, I totally buy her being a mom and enjoying it. It even makes sense to me why she is raising Sam since both Victor and his bio mom were incapable of raising him.. and Blair was also a product of rape, same as Sam.

- Tea totally bought it today! She's a very fascinating character, neither good nor evil. My mom told me that she loves her and all the outfits she wears.

- Jack is improving, and I totally have the jacket he is wearing in real life!! Even though calling Todd scarface is wrong, this is the kid who cyber bullied someone and felt no remorse. I have a feeling down the road that Jack will be turning dark.. and given how he had no qualms with wrecking the game set, it wouldn't be out of character.

- Great Manning family scenes with Tea/Victor/Dani/Sam/Jack, Great Todd/Vicki scenes today, and loved David in his scenes today with Blair/Jack/Sam and later with Todd... and finally Todd/Blair make me wonder why Frons thought Todd/Carly could even compare.

- So Jeffery is a child of a single mom, now I understand why he will show interest in Destiny... at first, as a friend with the potential of more. Laura improved today as Destiny, though I hope eventually she'll get the fiesty nature of Destiny down better in the future.. but I guess the last year has been rough on her so I can see that she is more tired then anything now.. with school/work at night. So she works at the Banner huh.. guess we will be seeing her and Jeffery interacting there soon. Though I think we need a day off from this crowd. Too much of a good thing is never good.

Great cliffhanger with Victor at Todd's door... and finally... love the music montage at the end! I know soaps have cliches and such.. but I'm glad this show is embracing this particular cliche!

• Members

What a great episode and completely worth the wait.

Victor's last scenes with the kids did it for me. I really wish Todd would remember that Victor was BRAINWASHED. TSJ/Flo have it in spades...

Nu-Destiny was better today, but she's gotta break the smile when I'm angry acting.

I love a good soap montage.

SO pumped for Todd/Victor tomorrow.

AT is better outside of squinting. He really does sell the love for Victor though. KM as well.

• Members

I loved Sam's line to Victor: "You don't have WiFi?"

I actually thought Laura Harrier was good up until after Destiny slapped Matthew. She was completely horrendous after that, literally struggling through her lines! Girl was thinking WAY too much and came off a blithering mess. Painful!

• Members

I pretty much agree. She'll improve I think. I also thought they gave her too much exposition after the slap going on and on about work and not having time to date. She need to slap him, remind him in 1 line that its none of their issues are their son's fault and strut her hot self out the door, leaving him gobsmacked for Jeffrey to lay into.

• Members

Admittedly, I'm really keen on having a frontburner AA heroine. But I honestly feel she's decent, and improving steadily as well. Shenell never did that, not at this pace. I think she's decent and has charisma, and I like her. I just know that on the network OLTL she'd be on every three or four days, holding the white girl's purse and shaking her finger at people telling them to leave Dani alone.

Archived