AMC: Monday, May 13, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice episode. I enjoyed the break from Pete/Celia.

I love the fact that there are only three doctors at PVH: Angie, Griffin and Cara and Cara apparently isn't even on staff.

I loved Angie's reaction at seeing the woman in the hospital bed. Up until that moment, all she cared about was getting information about Cassie but then she saw somebody else's daughter beat up and unconscious and the real horror smacked her in the face. Debbi played that perfectly. Cassandra's story is tough to watch but I like the fact that so far they are staying away from any attempt to make this seem sexy. It's pure exploitation and coercion. The titty bar (I refuse to call it a gentleman's club) was a good set. I think it's safe to assume Zach showered after getting out of the dumpster since he was wearing a different suit. Jesse OTOH probably smells like Satan's as$hole right about now.

The amnesia is textbook soap but I like the twist of JR having a personality change. It brings up an interesting question: if a criminal doesn't remember his crime AND literally doesn't have the same brain he had when he committed it, is he the same person? (Criminal Minds tackled that topic once. It made for good drama.) I'm waiting to find out that Dixie is on drugs or something because Cady is playing her like a straight up squirrel.

• Members

I dont think she is but that would be an interesting twist! Id love it if she self medicated. Maybe thats a dirty little secret she's been keeping but only close family knows. Maybe it drove Kathy away? I want Dixie to be messy and for them to go there

• Members

Quite enjoyed today's episode.

Great Cara/David scenes.

The Cassandra/Uri scenes were well done and creepy and everything they should have been. This story is hard to watch but I think it's a bold choice.

Debbi Morgan as always was fantastic. I thought Darnell lacked a little, TBH.

Ryan Bittle sounds so much like Jacob Young to me. Good recast.

I love the idea of Dixie self medicating herself and being a hot mess. She's acting so odd to me, but at the same time, all the crap she's been through of course she's probably a little bonkers at this point.

Nice setup for Miranda finding out about her conception. Zach/Bianca and then AJ/Miranda scenes. Can't wait for the fall out.

• Members

Dr. Evil (David Hayward) is what was the main attraction to the character and was "the get", the "grabber" to the viewer in liking the David Hayward character. It was the Emmy winning performance of Vincent Irizarry. Now, if the writers go too far to make him mushy and redeeming and fans don't see a more authentic Dr. David/Evil at some point, then loss of viewership might very well happen.

Dr. Evil was the thrilling part of the David Hayward character.

Some fans on other sites thought that Darnell did just fine and liked his scenes today.

• Members

Can't Miranda just do the math and figure out that her mother's sperm donor story has more holes than Swiss cheese. I mean with the SORASing Bianca would have been 18 at most when she got raped and well pardon me, but I have never heard of an 18 year old fresh out of high school going to a sperm bank to impregnate herself.

Also, I am having the hardest time buying this whole David accidentally shot his own daughter angle. I know things had to be reworked in order to redeem JR, but it was pretty clear to me in the ABC finale that JR aimed the gun and fired and the reshoot that PP did didn't change that perception for me either. Maybe JR will accidentally admit that he shot Marissa since he doesn't remember much and his memories might be coming back in bits and pieces

Other than those two things I was absolutely floored (in a good way) by this episode. They really brought the drama and I can't wait for Miranda's glorious melt down when Bianca finally tells her the truth.A break from Pelia did wonders for me.

P.S. I would die to see a shot of Bianca at that gentleman's club.

Archived