Chicago PD: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

CHICAGO PD

District 21 of the Chicago Police Department is made up of two distinctly different groups. There are the uniformed cops who patrol the beat and go head to head with the city’s street crimes. And there’s the Intelligence Unit, the team that combats the city’s major offenses – organized crime, drug trafficking, high profile murders and beyond. Leading the Intelligence team is Sergeant Hank Voight (Jason Beghe), a man not against skirting the law in the pursuit of justice. Demanding and tough, only those who can take the heat survive under Voight’s command. Take Detective Antonio Dawson (Jon Seda) – despite his troubled history with his boss, Dawson has ambitions of running the unit… so if that means facing off against Voight every day, he’ll persevere. From the street cops with dreams of moving up to the elite crew who are already in, “life on the job” is a daily challenge. The enormous responsibilities that come with the territory take an emotional toll, as we’ll find when we follow the personal lives of our characters outside the walls of District 21.

From Emmy-winning producer Dick Wolf and the team behind Chicago Fire, comes Chicago PD, a gripping, character-driven new police drama about those who put it all on the line to serve and protect. Chicago PD is produced by Universal Television and Wolf Films. Executive Producers/Writers are Dick Wolf, Matt Olmstead, Michael Brandt, and Derek Haas. Peter Jankowski and Danielle Gelber exec-produce. Joe Chappelle exec produces and directs.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I must say that I am really enjoying this show. I had my doubts before it premiered but I am riveted week after week. I was shocked as hell that the one officer got shot like that in the pilot. I did not see that coming at all.

Last night's ep. was equally good and a great way to finish a climatic story.

I am loving the chemistry between Sophia and Jesse.

• Members

I love Dawsey. Wondering how long their romance can last. I like that female cop on Chicago PD (whatever her name is) but she's not very believable as a cop. I mean Shay and Dawson are both pretty women on Chicago Fire, but this chick looks like a super model. It's very Charlie's Angels.

• Members

Really? I too like her as a cop but I wouldn't call her model-esque. It took me seeing her in motion to think that she was pretty and now I can't get enough. I really loved her dressed down look when she got all glammed up fora night out on the town with her girls.

I like them too and I am happy they finally got together. I could not stand her with that one guy during S1, bleh.

• Members

About what in particular? I feel so bad for Jay and I'm loving the development of his back story. Same for Sophia Bush's character. They're adding little layers at a time and I can't wait to see what we learn next. Hating the main guy's son. What a jerk! I hope he gets killed off soon. Can you tell how awful I am about even remember most of the character's names? I don't know what it is, but I don't think of any of them by name ever. Just associate them with each other. I have to do better. Starting with Jay. wub.png

Archived