Y&R: Jeanne Cooper has passed away

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry but if Josh can't handle doing her stellar ending then steal Kay Alden for the day from B&B and let her pen Kay's funeral. I refuse to let Ms. Chancellor have a basic a** funeral. I refuse to watch another daytime legend, who played a stellar character have a basic funeral. After seeing the mockery of Helen Wagner/Nancy Hughes in the past years, I'm not standing for it. SONY/Jill better pony up whatever money is needed to respect the legacy of this woman. And on HER special day, I'd prefer they not run any other stories. It should be about Kay and Kay ONLY. Some of you guys might respectfully disagree and that's fine. I've (like many on here) have grown up watching this woman and view her as my "grandmother" through the television as played a part in my every day life. I only expect the best for this woman.

• Members

I'm going to miss her interviews too. She always had these great comments, and yes, some people clucked their tongues, but I never thought it was one of the puff piece ego trips or bad PR outlays that you usually get. Whether it was saying that she'd wanted the show to make Brock gay, or pointing out how completely pointless Philip's return from the dead was, to talking about her battles with alcohol, to saying Y&R had become "the young and the rest of us," she was a very good read.

• Members

I haven't watched Y&R in forever, so I had no idea she'd gotten so weak. It makes her death all the harder for me to take, considering, in my head, she's still the wild, bawdy, vibrant broad she's always been. But then again, no matter how weak she was, she remained that person in the inside, I'm sure.

• Members

You'll get no argument from me. That is what I want, too.

Back in the mid-90s, when Louise Sorel left Days (for not the last time, as it turned out), her last episode was ENTIRELY focused on Vivian Alamain. Jeanne Cooper deserves at least that much, and I am also hoping for flashbacks of Kay's story -- the drinking, the rivalry with Kay, driving Philip off a cliff, the facelift, Philip Jr, Rex, everything.

Archived