Y&R: Jeanne Cooper has passed away

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Queen, the Duchess, the fabulous epitome of the quintessential actress Jeanne Cooper, the entire entertainment industry will miss your grace and presence in your work and in your humanity to the world. No more suffering. You got your wings today. Fly. Soar. You will be missed and loved. Y&R will NEVER EVER be the same without you. The void will be permanent. Condolences to the family at this most difficult time.

The Queen, the Duchess, the fabulous epitome of the quintessential actress Jeanne Cooper, the entire entertainment industry will miss your grace and presence in your work and in your humanity to the world. No more suffering. You got your wings today. Fly. Soar. You will be missed and loved. Y&R will NEVER EVER be the same without you. The void will be permanent. Condolences to the family at this most difficult time.

• Members

Corbin Bernsen: "I can say the best way to honor her is to inhabit your lives with those things she stood for." Yes. THIS.

Beautifully put, Carl. And All My Shadows, that is how I want to remember Katherine Chancellor -- Rex putting that glorious diamond necklace on his Queen. I remember vividly Jeanne saying that she used *her* own fabulous jewels to adorn Kay. The jewels she bought herself on the back of her years of work on Y&R!

I'm not sure what kind of tribute JFP can drum up for a woman she didn't know all that long and whose legacy she probably never really followed, but I hope she gets help from old-timers over at Y&R who can fill her in and help craft a fitting tribute to this wonderful dame. Ask Jess Walton for help if they get stuck -- she'll know.

• Members

Carl, I was just thinking about that the other day! I remember an eppy from the late 70's when Suzanne Somethingorother was trying to gaslight Kaye, and in a drugged stupor Kaye sang "I'm Gonna Live Til I Die". :)

• Members

I don't have high hopes but I do, at least, believe that Griffith will understand the gravity of this and try to make it good.

Unfortunately, this probably also ends Jill's involvement with the show as well. If they barely have her on when Kay was there, I doubt we will ever see her back now.

Archived