OLTL: Wednesday, May 8 Discussion

• Members

I figured Dorian was wearing the wig, due to her position in politics.. as she said to resemble Michelle, etc. Now that she's resigned, off goes the wig and now we can watch Dorian move on to the next stage of life (I'm guessing revenge on Vicki LOL). Has the show ever really made mention of the fact that Dorian has a pretty full life with David, Blair, etc and doesn't really need to compete with Vicki? Does she want to ruin Vicki, or is she secretly wanting Vicki's approval?

I liked the family scenes with Blair/Jack/Victor/little Sam/Todd, though I wish Todd would stop with the drinking since over drinking never solves anything.. and well because that particular drink has been spiked with poison :)

Such a girl to move herself in and take over decorating LOL Though I have to assume that both matthew/Jeffery will have to tell the landlord of the 3rd room mate and have her added to the lease.. off screen.

I liked the Vicki scenes... so refreshing having her worry about her paper/career as opposed to which of her multiple personalities will emerge. Makes sense with all the personal mess involving her own mental issues, plus Jessica and Natalie's issues, that she would not be focused 100 percent on the Banner.. hence why she didn't jump into the digital age quick enough, and why the paper is in debt. Realistically, with all the drama/crap she's gone through in the last decade, it's no wonder that the Banner hasn't gone under.. though from the sounds of it, the paper is close.. even with the recent move to digital.

I do agree little Liam is a little too big for the stroller, at least have him whine and cry about being too big to be in the stroller.. that would be very realistic since my little cousin at 2 or 3 whined about being in the stroller. I do think it makes sense to put Destiny and Natalie in scenes together since they are both single mothers, if the show had more time, they could even have them both in mommy groups since in the suburb I live in, all the moms have play groups, exercise groups, book clubs, etc.

I do like Clint giving Matthew a reality check regarding Drew. I know Clint had both Cord and Rex, but he didn't know of their existences till they were grown yes? I know Bo did the same thing with his first son that Matthew is doing with Drew so would love to have a heart to heart between Bo and Matthew regarding this.

Btw, if the show ever wants to bring back a character from the past.. I think Nora's daughter Rachel would be perfect considering her past with drugs, and that she was a drug counselor at one point. Either the original Rachel, or the last actress that played her would be cool with me! It would nicely fill out the 30s/40s crowd since I notice a gap in that age group.. since there is a big gap between Blair/Todd/Tea/Victor.. and Cutter/Natalie/Rama/Vimal.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's ballsy, showing Dorian pulling off her wig. Frankly I'm such a bad judge for hairpieces (and she's so fond of them) that I can't remember the last time we've seen Dorian without one.

I've wanted Rachel back, along with Kevin, for a while. I think they'd make a perfect interracial tentpole couple to shore up the Buchanan side of things. But seeing as Dan Gauthier is apparently signing at B&B now, we'd probably have to wait about six months.

• Members

If I remember right from the Michelle audition sides, she is talking to Billy & saying how this guy used her & she wants revenge

Im thinking Matt may sleep with her & dump her & she may go all Hannah on him

Loved the Clint/Matt Scenes

It seemed Victor almost was gonna warn Todd about the posion but changed his mind

Viki is still heart & soul of the show

Episode was written by Thom Racina

• Members

I have a total crush on Robert Gorrie. Wow, what a find he is. His acting is so natural. He is smarmy and charming all at the same time. I have Prospect Park uses him to his full potential while they have him because he is not long for this Hulu world.

• Members

Me too- I'm both impressed and smitten. He conveys a ton with facial expressions and body language. Flove him. Huge Kudos to casting.

I see the Facebook and the SOC boards blowing up with complaints about the recasts but RG has made me entirely forget Eddie and I think LH is more believable for where they seem to want to go with Destiny and possibly a better actress- we shall see. I never bought that Eddie's Matthew and Shenell's Destiny would have a 1 night stand that resulted in an unplanned pregnancy. With these 2, I completely buy it

• Members

I love the new La Boulaie, but I have weird taste. I do think the room is a bit too small. Tea's house - also beautiful, a bit too small.

I make allowances for this due to the nature of the production and its early days. Shelter and other sets are huge and lovely. I give it time.

• Members

So much purple! GAWD, do I hate that wallpaper! And the way the staircase is, it looks like an entire wing of La Boulaie has been chopped off, but yeah, I understand the need for the smaller sets, too. Small price to pay for getting our shows back, right? wink.png

• Members

I love the purple. I just think the whole weird scheme of the place is very Dorian. It's strange but good strange.

The foyer I cannot forgive, though I know it's a budget thing and may change. I can live for now.

Archived