OLTL: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was the same day.

The continuity was way off.

Again, I think this is symptomatic of the half hour format. They go for more plot and have to make certain leaps to make it happen.

• Members

KM's Dani is so much more the dark sardonic Manning child that I always envisioned Starr becoming before either writing destroyed her or KA lost all her natural acting talent trying to be an ACTRESS after middle school. Still not sure what happened there. Sad to think KM was wasted on that terrible Nate. Glad she is part of this reboot. I remember her signing on the first go around too- she seems to love her character and being part of OLTL.

Agree need to see Destiny outside Shelter with Drew and find out what happened with Matthew. It was obviously a touchy subject with him when Dani made the family man comment so I feel like they have to tell us more beyond "Been there. Done that. Had the baby." They showed some chemistry though so my interest is piqued.

I squealed over I Got You Babe. I am more in the demo that is supposed to like all the club crap they are playing but this was far more awesome. Reminded me a little of how Scandal has worked Motown into like every episode. I can't remember the last time I heard an actual recognizable song on a soap. I miss the 90s when that was a mainstay. How did they afford Cher royalties?!?

• Members

Re "inconsistencies" I thought Jeffrey left to his room yesterday--not the apartment, which would have fit with today.

That was me who said that about KM--but I agree with you, obviously. I think, while she continues to improve, the huge improvements many are seeing are simply down to her having decent material.

I loved the montage. OK what was Nora's last job on the ABC OLTL? Is she just back to being a private lawyer? (I don't think she was DA anymore) Gah, I've forgotten a lot of trivial material like that.

I took Tea getting but of bed as more her worried and wanting to check on Dani and then deciding not to--but...

The club scenes were decent, I thought. I sorta expected Cutter to at least recognize the girl who ODed on opening night and freak out she was there. Riff Raff was pretty bad but I can handle him if he only does the occasional episode--his character served a function and I've seen worse guest stars.

I actually like the Rama/Vimal open marriage thing but I do feel like it's being played maybe too fast. They decided to have an open marriage within a 3 minute scene. But I know they still sorta have to figure out the pacing (which, as I've said before, overall I do like.)

I actually kinda like that Matthew is a douche (to use one of new AMC's fave words) but still kinda likeable. He obviously cares about his friends, etc. And honestly I can relate to being shot down at the bar and then immediately going online as soon as I get home lol.

• Members

Cher's stuff is licensed to many labels (they had a really hard time doing one of her recent 2 disc "Best Ofs" due to that) - so maybe one of the music companies PP has their deal with own some of her 60s stuff?

I'm fine with the Destiny/Matthew stuff coming out slowly--well or at least at this speed--it's only been 6 episodes. Although I admit I kinda thought to myself "She's at the club *again??*" despite the fact I think even young single mothers should go out and have some fun :P. The club dynamic is interesting to me--it's true that when I go out clubbing I often bump into good friends but don't always hang out with them more than saying a few words, but it just seems kinda funny (and perhaps more realistic and less typical soap) that so far on OLTL they all seem to go alone or with another friend and then act surprised when they see someone else there.

Archived