OLTL: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't like where the characters were at the start of this episode as it feels as if I missed an episode. The continuity felt off.

Am I the only one that thought Vic slipping out of Todd's room as he came in yesterday was a fantasy segment?

I hate that they skipped the Manning family dinner. Id have loved to have seen more of that with Todd trying to get involved. Loved that we got to see Dani home with her parents waiting up for her. LMAO at Vic's sobriety test

"I love you......sometimes I really hate her" laugh.png

"If I wanted a hero, Id have wanted a freaking sandwich!" laugh.png

Bo and Nora....boring.

Did Rama get a boobjob?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Picky, but yesterday, Jeffrey left the apartment to go work on his article, and Matthew went on the computer to flirt with Michelle. When we picked up today, Matt was on the computer flirting with Michelle, but Jeffrey came out of the bedroom.

• Members

In the thread about pet peeves, I mentioned that most soaps today really need a thorough Script Supervisor. What you just posted would be Exhibit A.

Otherwise, l think there were more good things about today's episode than not good things. I'm being a bit more generous, I guess, because I know that the process has been arduous.

I don't get a farthing about sets, I'd rather have the writing improve and in some senses I can see improvement from last week. I've seen some of my favorite story lines from way back when on various soaps and went back to You Tube to see some hideously cheap sets but fantastic writing/acted scenes. I say they should focus on the writing, take notes about the sets and table that for later. As long as the writing improves steadily, I can forgive the sets.

• Members

Loved this episode--I could even tolerate that weird ass dude at the club! :lol:

Matthew is fascinating.

Bo and Nora were so excellent. Very well acted scenes that were fun and sweet.

Victor/Dani/Tea were also great.

I think we are feeling the consequences of a half hour show. Some scenes will have to be cut off (the dinner, the text message between Dani and Tea), especially since OLTL seems to favor a faster pace. Hopefully they won't leave anything too major out.

And I did not see that montage with I've Got You coming. I thought it was very sweet.

• Members

In one part of town (Jeffrey and Matthew) it was the same night, same with Todd. But I don't get how Dani would have left the dinner, and then went back to Shelter when she was already there with Tea, Victor and Jack. Wouldn't they have known she stayed at the bar? If not, she went home and back out again?

• Members

anyway this pissed me off

#GH50 #GH #YR #BB #AMC Can I just say, WTH?? They fight to keep characters John McBain, Star Manning, Todd Manning, then kill TODD?? #OLTL

RHeart♥Network@RHeartRadio1h

@PatsSeymour93 Victor put arsenic in Todd's booze, I think he's dead- this is ridiculous! Then let Todd Manning back on #GH! @valentinifrank

she also deleted this tweet put I saved it

RHeart♥Network@RHeartRadio1h

@enriquevbjr Fans should be outraged frankly - the whole thing is ridiculous...whatever at this point

• Members

JMO, KM always had the raw talent. She had some heartbreaking scenes during Tea's cancer and hands down the best emotional reaction to learning TSJ was Victor instead. The scene where she chokes up and accepts him as still her dad was amazing. I agree with another who said she always reacts to dialogue even when just in the background of scenes. Her face has always been very expressive and she always nailed the Toddian sarcastic eye roll.

It's hard to like or dislike Destiny since all she's done is dance around. We need some scenes explaining her emotional state to judge her IMO.

I found B&N cute but I'd rather see them discussing Matthew and Drew situation. I feel like the show needs to do a better job explaining what happened this past year. Like with Cutter, how did he get out of jail and why does he seem to owe shady characters so much.

On an edgey show, I rather smiled at the oldie I got you babe montage. Poor Téa she wants to cherish having her husband back from the dead but is so scared inside. I feel fear driving her every step of the way.

Overall I found the Shelter scenes really sleazy today and too much the focus again.

Archived