• Members

I would love to see Kathy (or Kate). I want to see how she has adjusted to having her real mother home. What is her relationship with Krystal, the woman she saw as a mother for a long-time in her childhood. Do Krystal and Dixie have conflicts over decisions around Kathy's life? Is Tad in the middle. There is so much here to play with.

I hope plays the adult parents as something more than just "the parents" in supporting roles to the teens. So far, it is leaning a little too much in that direction for my liking. Adam, Dixie, Brooke, Bianca, and Opal all play a little too much of a second fiddle role to AJ, Miranda, and Petey.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Glad Tad's not dead.

Loving the new Cassandra already

I love that AJ has a potty mouth lol

I just dont care for ER's Bianca for some reason

Seriously why are some hung up on this people do get makeovers and the last Pete was a bit geeky but still hot

• Members

So now that we have legit info about Tad, and a mention of Kathy, I have to ask where is that girl? She can't be with Tad on his top secret special assignment and Dixie made it sound like she was raising Kathy by herself so I am not sure Kathy has been SORASed to past her teens.

loved that Miranda apologized, as I figured she would. The show can now retire the word "freak" BTW for the rest of the week.

Was funny to see Pete's friend calling Jane a cougar and he threw out an age bracket while he was at it.

This sounds weird but I want to see the other girls being tortured. Oh and Jesse is the worst for keeping something like this from Angie, did he learn nothing from the situation with Lucy?

• Members

Brooke was very much involved with the Chandlers/Martins during and after the babswitch. She was on the side-line as JR and Jamie's relationship imploded because of Babe. She thought Jamie was leaving town forever with Babe for parts unknown as they went on the run with AJ (who at that time, Babe and Jamie were calling James). She and Adam were also re-exploring their feelings for each other around that time (remember how Adam was with Brooke when she learned Aunt Phoebe has passed). She may not have been a Chandler, but at that time all the Chandlers/Martins mourned JR's loss.

I guess for me the idea of loosing a child is so painful, even if it was just "like a month." I would not want any memories of that time, be it even something that may seem as inconsequential as a harmless nickname.

• Members
AJ and Miranda are 16. Kathy is older than them so she is most likely 18 and old enough to be away at college.I really think you are reading way too much into things if you are expecting Brooke to be distraught over a nickname

• Members

I understand that yes, people get makeovers. Yes people have cosmetic makeovers, but at the core would like to think that a person stays the same. Isn't that the lesson of the classic stories like "Great Gatsby" or "Pygmalion"... that you could change the outside, but there is a certain nature that everyone is born with that is inescapable?

I guess I have an affection for the Petey of the past that I watched grow-up. He was either the boy beyond his years that we saw with Mitchell Federan, or the natural progression to socially awkward prodigy in Daniel Kennedy.

Sometimes you just don't want to see a character change that much from their time away, even with a recast. It would be if someone like Cynthia Preston came back a demure "friend to all" ala Dixie Cooney the early years. Or on the converse, a Nina Warner coming back as a hoist-toity nose in the air debutante ala Phoebe Wallingford.

• Members

AJ's potty mouth is amazing. I love the contrast with him cussing like a sailor with Adam. AJ calls Hunter and !@#$%^&*] and Adam calls him a "hooligan." When you think about it, Adam's been using profanity for his whole time on the show. Only it's the profanity of the 1920s. laugh.png

The Pete/Celia thing isn't firing for me. I love Pete (including the knowledge that he doesn't mind older women cool.png ) and I like Celia even though she seems like a hot mess but the romance isn't pinging for me. Nor was Celia's outfit. It looked like something from an old Ann Margaret movie.

I'm glad Miranda apologized to Binks. It makes yesterday's big thread debate kind of funny.

The Cassandra story could be amazing drama or it can become a horrible mistake. Only time will tell.

• Members

AJ is cursing entirely too much. And I don't mean that in a prudish way, I mean every other word is !@#$%^&*] or [!@#$%^&*]. Calm down, kid.

I consider it a sign of respect to not curse in front of your parents/grandparents. But you know, everyone's raised differently and Adam didn't seem to care so I suppose I shouldn't care at all.

It was nice to see Bianca and Dixie treating Adam like an actual human being. And I liked Miranda apologizing to Bianca, even though I still think Bianca could have exerted some authority in yesterday's scenes.

Peter and Celia's story isn't working for me because I have NO idea what he sees in her other than a pretty face. I get why she's into him, he's handsome and nice and she's incredibly inexperienced but he keeps saying he sees something different in her except I can't see that at all. Maybe it's her lack of experience that's so attractive to him? No clue.

• Members

I bet Kathy is in college. I wonder if Tad is taking long assignments to stay away on purpose? I like Pete/Celia fine but they need a day off. I wonder if Adam was faking caring about JR for Dixie's benefit?

It does seem Adam has been redeemed with a lot of these people. I don't mind but I wonder why?

• Members

Nah, Adam loves his son. He's just hard on him and everyone knows Adam doesn't know how to handle feelings of sadness or grief. He chooses to lash out instead (we see where JR and apparently AJ get it from).

Archived