• Members

I will start this by reiterating I always like reading your reviews. For the record :P

My issue with the Cassandra story is that she seems to have been targeted due to some anger at Zack--but I am more than willing to see if that's the reason. As for broken home--She more or less came from one. She briefly returned to Pine Valley, never was happyw ith her mom being with Jesse (the lookalike of her dad) and so went back to Paris, much to Jesse and Angie's upset, to pursue modelling.

We'll have to agree to disagree with the AJ stuff. I have a twin sister who was painted as a slut--at a private school where her bully who she wouldn't sleep with was a star rugby player, which is one of the top sports here for schools. Nothing caused any reaction--including my parents talking to teachers, until her boyfriend at the time beat him up and they were both suspended. Granted, this was 1996 or so, and things have changed, but while I do not advocate violence, I think sometimes it is justified--and, for drama reasons, it does make more impulsive dramatic sense than dealing with it in another way. I don't think that action glorifies the violence, or suggests to people that violence is the best way to solve such a situation.

Our take on the younger actors seems to be completely different :P I think AJ is playing everything completely naturally--as opposed to pete and his hand gesture way of acting (which actually does kinda suit his old school love story, I'll grant.)

I thought the Dylan actor, who many here hated (cuz of the character?) came off really natural, as well.

As for Miranda "giving up." Again I may be biased (my sister DID actually transfer to an all girls private school shortly after that incident.) But I don't think it's giving up when a teen who other kids have one view of them wants to escape it by starting again at a new school. I think it's smart--and if I were a parent, I would gladly, particularly if my daughter suggested the idea, give them the option and at least let them try it for a time. You can't just talk to kids that age and tell them to "man up." If they can't learn or get anything from school because they feel so ostracized and watched over, then look for a better situation--it's hardly about giving in to bullies. I think it makes complete sense for her to end up at Bramwell--and I hope it happens.

As I said above, I think it may have been better to feature more vet heavy stories and introduce the newbies that way--but I understand why they are doing the opposite--especially now we know more vets (I hate that term) are coming in. My main complaint with AMC's teen scene is PLEASE please drop the guitar riff intro whenever you go to their scene--who thought of that??

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can see why people feel like this Celia/Pete stuff is a drag on the show. It's been done a million times, and the acting is amateurish (and why was she dressed like Opal?). Pete's friend who was talking about Jane being a hot older woman was the same age as Jane. I guess some guys are like that though.

AJ doesn't do well with the screaming and big emotions.

I liked that they had Miranda apologize to Bianca so quickly. For the most part the writing does this relationship justice and doesn't make Miranda seem too much like a brat.

Not really feeling what they're doing with Dixie - it's all very fake. I also wonder why she has such baggy clothes. I did like Adam trying to process what JR did, even if it was rushed (I guess due to David Canary's limited filming schedule).

If this were a network soap, the main trafficker who stopped his flunky from beating Cassandra up again would be written as a hero and Cassandra would fall in love with him. At least that doesn't seem to be happening here.

• Members

Canary's scene was great--but the switch was way too rushed. I don't know if that was schedule, or the shorter scenes/pace, but...

Has Celia started seeing "shadow man" yet? That's the only thing that makes it more interesting (I can't remember how early on that was.)

And I actually laughed out loud reading your review... You're right though, if this were say GH Cassandra so would win the heart of one of the lesser human traffickers who was forced into his role and becomes her protector and saviour, or the chief himself who was cursed into his position by being born into some evil Russian mafia family.

• Members

She had seen him in the episode before this, yes.

There's no doubt in my mind that on GH, and depending on the writer, on DAYS, that this guy would be a stud. Frankly, if I were on GH I would cast him in a lead role, as he's much hotter and more talented than their guys. Hopefully PP isn't going there with this character. I don't feel like they are. I'm so far behind he might be dead by now, I don't know.

Thanks for reading and responding. I know this was originally aired sometime in the Ice Age.

• Members

I guess I will try to watch them on a computer that doesn't make me reload a dozen times. It's just, you know, I watch them while I'm looking through photos, etc. all on the same computer. I think my biggest complaint with this Pete/Celia story would be how isolated it feels.

Archived