GH50: Discussion for the week of May 6 - 10

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's hilarious. The teen stories alone on AMC and OLTL piss on these from a great height. And it's sad, because the performers are okay - Tequan Richmond is better than okay - and the characters can and should work. It's Ron and Frank's storytelling for the kids which is always, always by the numbers. They've been doing this kind of yeoman work on these very basic, cookie-cutter kiddie storylines for years, and it never, ever changes. It's their idea of what works. Which may have some merit based on their demos - which I am not that well-versed in but heard were decent once - but still. Let's try to dream a little bigger, darling.

• Members

I just watched Luke and Laura. I'm glad they called it quits. My entire GH viewing, I never saw Luke and Laura together. By the time I came along, Luke was having Felicia buzzing around him. Yeah, 1980s nostalgia is cute, but I never witnessed it firsthand, the whole Luke and Laura "craze." They've always been separated except for that brief window in 2002 when Laura went crazy. And then five minutes later, Luke was fighting Lucky over who got to bone that high end call girl.

Oh, that'll seal the deal that Rafe is the perfect one for Molly. :rolleyes: I love writing that has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Did Sam set him straight that Molly's IN A YEAR LONG RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER BOY? Or... and I know the answer... did Sam encourage Rafe?

• Members

RC hasn't done a "we don't know what to do with this character so have let'smake him/her completely psycho" in a little while, so... I'm guessing that's the direction,

Sam did tell him she had a boyfriend, and that it probably was too soon to be real love, but then seemed to backtrack and told him to talk to Molly. (I think--I sorta stopped paying attention.)

You do know that this is classic RC and they'll prob suddenly decide they love each other in a bit?

• Members

Yeah--well I don't tend to agree with Jfung on these posts--I think it was him who said that. But I agree, there's just nothing to relate to or a character to root for. And, as I said, it seems counter-intuitive to have a character witness brutal murders, etc, and not play up the soap element of that.

• Members

Don't ruin my high, please.

However, FRon care about these vets almost as much as I do, so my high just may continue. Who cares about Laura and Scotty being married? Seems like these 2 dullards are on the way out, and I can't be happier.

Am I the only one who got that vibe today?

• Members

ICAM. Genie and Tony really delivered today. I was moved to tears because both will never love anyone as much as they love each other.

Tony gave a really nuanced performance and I appreciated the little touches like how tentative normally assertive Luke acted and how he sold he's not worthy of this woman and never will be. I felt the adoration in how he touched her and that's been MIA for a long time. It's such a contrast to the degradation he hands Tracy on a regularly basis.

I've wondered for a while if RC was writing them B&N's reunion where Nora married Clint before B&N finally risked it all and admitted their feelings to each other. RC basically has L&L full circle in a way. She'll be back playing house and pretending to be happy with Scotty while pining for Luke. I've taken note Genie and RC have not spent one minute selling Laura really loving Scotty who came off today like the selfish ahole he's long been. Interesting anvil from Luke, how it will be the greatest mistake she's ever made.

• Members

Those LnL scenes were fab! Been a fan for over 30 years (showing my age!). Everyone in my house is. I thought T&G did such a good job. I cried my eyes out. I almost love their many goodbye and breakup scenes as I do their love stuff!

Archived