OLTL: Monday, May 6, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Natalie is back. Cool, I missed her. I dig that she's about to embark on a whole new journey. It already feels refreshing. It's her and Liam, sink or swim. I am so on board with this. The fact that her scenes were with HBS/Nora and JVD/Clint was the icing on the cake.

I can watch Todd and David all day. I must say, TW has been fantastic in all his scenes. He's really stepping up. He always does, I suppose, but he finally has better writing.

If it's that hag Irene watching Vic and Todd, I will be so disappointed.

• Members

I choose to believe Brody and Jessica are happily married living somewhere else with the kids.

I doubt very much that'll be the reality, as they want to use her again someday, but there you go.

I also am more offended that they apparently can't use the f-bomb because of the TV deal with FX. Just mute the word!

• Members

I'd like to think Brody and Jessica moved on. Brody's back in the military and has found a new love who is stable, while Jessica has taken her kids and moved away someplace where she can put her issues with Viki to rest and build a completely different, less drama-filled life for her family.

• Members

I wish OLTL had more of a visual identity. I would love the soap to look darker, ala classic Y&R. I think it would give the show more of the edgy feeling I think the tone of the stories and dialog are trying to encapture.

I dislike how small the sets are, namely La Bouile. It looks nothing like a Main Line mansion. I miss the wide stair case, but most of all, the living room looks like it can only house 2-3 people at a time. I hope that PP invests a little more time in making these stalwart sets a little more grand. We need to get the feeling that Dorian is rich. Bitch.

I can watch Tuc Watkins read a phone book. I only hope we get some more Matt/David scenes in the future. Their growing brotherly bond was a highlight of the end of the last run on ABC. Robert Gorrie's portayal of Matt seems more in line with what a brother to David would be in comparison to Eddie Alderson's.

• Members

Hope to see David giving Matt some grief over drew. David and Des always had a funny bond- not sure how that will translate with nuDes. Love the bromance chemistry between Matt and Jeffrey. Both of those actors are great and it will be fun to see dani living with them.

Is the woman that John left Nat for supposed to be Sam? I'm so confused. Glad they seem to remember that Nat was tight with Bo/nora. I always liked that she was tighter with the buch relatives wheras Jess had the bond with Todd.

• Members

I admit I probably use the F word more than say [!@#$%^&*] (but I don't tend to swear all that much anyway)--but I think they're just hedging their bets. The ultimate goal seems to be at some point to sell these to cable in the US, where it would be the same situationthat it would probably end up on basic cable and not preminum.

I thought it was a strong episode--interesting that even in the daytime new OLTL feels like the night to me :P There was one moment that felt oddly flat, but I can't remember which--maybe it was Clint and Natalie? THere was just an odd, weird awkward pause. I still have to get used to the pacing on both of these online soaps--not because it's quicker (and actually a bit more like UK soaps in that characters will be one place one scene, then when we come back to them they're somewhere else.) It may be due to the far less commercial breaks--traditionally soaps are written in "acts" and if a character moves location, etc, they do it during the commercial break.

• Members

And Matthew friended this Michelle girl on facebook (or myface if it's still called that) and Michelle was in that audition script with that Billy character. i wonder if we'll see Billy sometime soon?

Archived