OLTL: Monday, May 6, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I knew tearing the head of giraffe meant he'd be out for Todd's hide soon but I didn't expect poison. That's some cold rage there.

Back from the dead and driven by revenge? PP really wants to mirror the original story. But hats off to Trevor and PP, they're doing a far better, more dramatic PTSD story. The music is scary good. You can feel he's barely hanging onto his sanity.

One minute he's tender and defending Téa, and the next he's emotionally shutting down. I think he squeezed Téa's arm too tightly partially in response to Dani slamming the door loudly. He instinctively clenched from it at least that's how it looked to me. Téa gave him a very worried look and he backed up a little scared too.

KM continues to rock her scenes. I liked her admission the OD scared her, too. But I fear she's addicted from her strung out ways today.

Great to see Natalie again though saddened she's still pining over loser John. Clint hasn't forgotten Matt killing Eddie Ford from that warning look?

The cameras are watching Todd too, now that's interesting. I can't wait for this tattoo org mystery to really pick up.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the episode enough.

Nice to see Natalie again and liked her scenes with Nora and then Clint. Natalie honestly never interested me much before but she sure does now.

Kelley Missal is playing Dani well. Matthew/Jeffrey were OK. I wasn't feeling them today but I thought their scenes were fine.

LOL @ David pumping Todd for dirt and taping it secretly.

Enjoyed the Todd and Blair scenes a lot.

Loved the ending.

• Members

Natalie is back :wub:. I missed her and her fiery red hair. Surprised to see her still working at the LPD. I didn't think she'd still be there with John gone. I don't like that she is still hung up on him. Its been a year now. Dang she was in the first segment and disappeared till the end. Loved her scene with Clint. I really would like her to move back into Llanfair.

I have to reiterate again that I am loving Dani and her characterization. She is everything that creature should have been and comes across more what Id imagine the daughter of Todd Manning to be. An absolute hot mess. I didn't like that she OD'd in the first episode bc I thought this drug story was over before it even started but she is so jittery and obviously not in the clear. I wonder if she plans on moving in with Matthew and Jeffrey. That would remind me of the Cole, Langston and Marko situation.

I need to see Jeffrey with no shirt on.....soon

I hate Tea's new house. The old one and even the one on GH looked more stylish and modern but this one looks small and has bad decorating. Its ugly IMO. She has one couch that is something straight out of the 70s

Can Vic please change his clothes already? Oh there, he finally did. Um when is he finally going to see Sam?

I didn't like how Jack randomly popped up at the end. They need to give him more to do. So Shelter is a restaurant by day and night club by night? Good use of the set. Wish Vic had shown up for that family dinner.

The mystery behind the cameras is freaky yet intriguing.

Love that Matthew is back to working for Clint. I forgot to mention last week but I like that the show has repaired the relationship between Bo and Clint as I hated them as enemies.

Another Real Housewives reference....love it! LOL at Todd's no comment interview with David. Oh boy watching him with Blair, I feel like Im watching his most recent scenes with Carly

Its kind of annoying me that EVERYONE has a MacBook. is Apple sponsoring these two shows or something?

Loved the outdoor set where the younger set hung out.

• Members

I'm happy to see her at the LPD.  I think that's where more of the action will be moving forward and I want to see her working with Bo and Nora and assorted criminal types.  I'd rather see her angry and swearing off men and talking about what a louse John is instead of moping about him. 

Makes me wonder if they only have one computer in the building and just use the same one for all these shots. 

If this show is supposed to be less "soapy" they have to stop writing dialogue like:

"You're just back from the grave.  We aren't going to dinner without you." 

And having Victor google and getting

"500 Ways to Kill Someone" 

• Members

Id prefer her back at BE, especially since it looks like it may be more of a force again with Clint hiring Matthew back there and grooming him to take over. I liked Nat in the family business before and thought it surprisingly suited her well

LMAO, well they have at least two since Jeff and Matthew each had one in their scene. I wouldn't be surprised if you are onto something

• Members

I didn't mind her at BE, but it was just to facilitate Jared and Natalie. Didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I loved the scenes she had with Asa that led to her joining the company.

If she's working at the LVPD, it's not about John anymore. I think it's a good fit and there are always crimes to be solved. Wish her office wasn't in a utility closet, but whatever. If we only see her once a week and all she's doing is feeling sad it doesn't matter.

Maybe they use real computers that the producers are using, and just pull them in for those shots. It was a start up venture, and it makes sense they would have purchased all the same kinds of equipment for the production crew that needed it. Maybe they got a special deal on them if they agreed to use them in product placement shots. I agree that it's weird though. Very obvious. And they always make sure they get that apple icon on screen.

• Members

It is funny how it's all macbooks all the time. Seems like product placement. Whatever helps support them. I just don't want any DAYS in-show commercials for cereal brands or frozen Chinese food. So awkward.

I kind of preferred Natalie at BE. I felt her at the station was simply because of John. It's too bad a lot of Natalie was written around the men she was with and not what she wanted. I hope we get to see HER, which I think we will.

• Members

Tea's GH "house" looked like a goddamn submarine. It was like a Fraggle Rock set. I think this one is far superior.

I've always found Natalie at the LPD to be ridiculous - her whole reason for being there was John, both times. I wish she'd go back to BE, but whatever. I can live with it.

Archived