• Members

I have some questions about the current operations of Soapnet:

1. Why does it still exist? (I know that soap ratings have modestly recovered, but what happened to the plan to turn it into Disney Junior?)

2. Which party--PP, Disney, or Hulu--is responsible for not allowing repeats of current episodes of AMC and OLTL to air on Soapnet?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you judge by some of the posters on FB:

1) They want the show back in exactly the same state it was when it went off: on tv, preferably ABC, same cast, no time lapse and no cuss words.

2) Some have never heard of/used Hulu, iTunes, etc. The whole free Hulu vs Hulu Plus thing is still confusing to some. It's not just the folks who are using tablets, phones, etc...it's the folks on computers who see the Hulu Plus message and assume there is no permanently free Hulu option. Some people need really big signs spelling things out to them, and even then, they don't always get it.

3) Some don't like the idea of sitting in front of a computer to watch shows. Forget about trying to explain about HDMI cables or whatnot streaming internet to your tv, assuming their equipment is even up-to-date enough for that to be an option.

Finding out the soaps have "returned" has, I think, brought a lot of people to an aspect of the internet they were not familiar with before, or has brought them to the internet, period. Some are adapting, others not so much.

Archived