OLTL: Thursday, May 02, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members
lol and that's what we knew well over a year ago. Don't see the need to change that now especially since Todd was already cleared of any legal blame

bc Todd DID shoot Victor! What about that don't you get?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand how he could have shot him. I suspect that was never Ron's intention, and that his plan was that the flashback Todd had was a false memory planted by Irene. That said, the wound to Victor looked fatal. Tea was hanging off him for almost a full episode, alone before the paramedics arrived; could she not have noticed if the wound was a fake? I do hope they explain it.

• Members

Yes, it was definitely implied she planted the memory. If they're now saying he did shoot him (and I hope they make that clearer if so), fine, but that still doesn't account for the fact that we watched Victor die. There are a lot of unanswered questions no one has asked.

• Members
thats bc the wound was real. I really don't think any of that needs any further clarification. The thing that needs to be cleared is how he was taken and how Alison Perkins got a hold of him

they aren't now saying it. It was stated on the old OLTL and even on GH. This is not a new development

• Members

This week has shown me that OLTL can be more then the campy soap Cartini seemed to be presenting to us for the last several years of its run.

Vicki and Dorian are feuding again, and it is based on legitimate professional reasons for once. What's even better is that Dorian isn't the bad guy nor Vicki the pure good guy. I even like how David pointed out to Dorian that for the first time in her life, she was being naive and trusting so at least the writers are stating that this isn't Dorian of old. I do think RS is a little more over the top then usual, but she is toning it down little by little. I saw clips of her from 1993, and she was much more subtle and even sexy so she can play subtle if given the chance.

Blair and Todd are so good together! I loved Todd attempting the dance to Jack's music, then getting beers for himself and his boy. I even loved Blair taking the beer away from Jack, such a mom thing to do! You could tell even though she was saying all of those truths to Todd, that she was wanting to succumb. This vibe between them harkens back to the 1990s and seeing Bledsoe Horgan as head-writer further explains why they are more themselves.

Vicki and Jeffery are a good work duo, such a contrast between traditional methods of journalism and the youthful approach of the 21st century. It is a shame that she gave in since Dorian did state very loudly that the quote could not be used, and David & Blair were witness to this. I could see a lawsuit brewing because of this! I also wouldn't be surprised if Jeffery eventually jumps ship and joins up with Todd. He seems more concerned with the story and fame then he does with loyalty to the Banner, thus far.

Vimal and Rama seem more like a real couple and less like a stereotypical cartoonish couple that was portrayed on the ABC version of the show. I think having both people come from traditional Indian families practicing open marriage is an interesting story, and stories like these were what OLTL were based on back when the show first came on the air in the late 60s.

Where is Natalie? I would hope she would have scenes with either Clint, Bo, or Vicki? Maybe even exchange snarky remarks with uncle Todd, since he was around Mcbain in Port Charles. Perhaps they cant have scenes without risk of saying too much due to the lawsuit pending.

Tea/Victor have great chemistry as well though I worry about Victors state of mind. I think Tea isn't blaming Todd for killing their baby, just for not telling her that the baby died and she ended up attached to a baby that wasnt hers. However, Victor has this look that states that he believes Todd killed their baby and I have a feeling the stuffed giraffe is a possible example of what he would like to do with Todd.

Can't believe I will have to wait till Monday for the next episode, but better that then the alternative!

• Members

Very insightful, Soaplovers. I agree.

I see Vicki and her new reporter Jeffrey having more clashes, kind of reflective and timely of the clash in the newspaper/journalism industry with the standard bearer newspapers going up against news feeds these days.

The unfortunate incident with Reddit illustrates the fact that many of the new media are kind of repeating some of the mistakes of their forebears, TV news channels (cable in particular) that rush to get the story out before verifying it first.

Papers, on the other hand, tend to practice traditional methods and have far less incidents of this type of thing happening.

Reddit has since backed away from being labeled a news media but they had sort of been building popularity on the aspect of breaking news and getting the story in a quick and intimate way. Precise, though, it was not.

I actually think the fact that Vicki succumbed and let that quote go viral, shows the tension between traditional methods of journalism and the new method inspired by online/ media.

And when I heard online about the open marriage story possibility, I wasn't sure, although I thought it is a very realistic story. And yeah, in a highly traditional marriage or even an arranged marriage, I definitely have heard of people getting 'restless' after a few years. Yet, I know with this type of story, the temptation to go extremely salacious exists but with those scenes between Vimal and Rama was somewhat indicative that it wasn't being written to be salacious but a realistic exploration of two individuals who love each other but one is not sure that she can stay committed to one person for the rest of her life, especially because they met and married so young. These are very real questions being pondered by single and married people especially these days with life expectancy extending. I have Indian friends and they've mentioned couples that they know who married to please their parents and are experiencing these issues. And yes, a few of them have such 'understandings' between them.

I know some people still don't like David Vickers but I appreciate that he is now being portrayed a little more understated, or at least a little sharper in intelligence and less over the top. No, he'll never be the brightest bulb in the box but at least you can get some indication of why Dorian might want to keep him around. When the show ended on ABC, there were times I wondered why Dorian would love David. Now, at the very least, I no longer see him as a drain on the relationship.

Without pressure from the networks, hopefully the writers can now take their time in telling these stories. And there will be more interaction between characters who have yet to come into contact. The soaps on Daytime TV seem to have a lot of trouble integrating all the characters in the last decade or so (budget constraints?), I hope these shows will now be able to improve that

Archived