OLTL: Thursday, May 02, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

I wish I was a fan of Victors cuz I would be more intrigued. But I still like it nonetheless and the whole tattoo symbol.

Something shady is going on and I wonder if it relates to the scandal. Jeffrey mentioned something about black sites and illegal torture sites.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In 2011 Irene's rogue CIA group was running an illegal black site in New Orleans, wasn't it? And we know she was torturing prisoners like RHTodd and Patrick. I hope we finally learn why Patrick was being held. RC totally dropped the ball on that.

With TrevorTodd obviously suffering PTSD, it sounds like he was tortured in one of those sites. I just don't get how Allison fits in or why they faked his death. That was one heck of a cliffhanger today. I can't believe how far PP has progressed the plot in just 4 episodes!

• Members

That episode flew by. Great scenes of Tea reliving losing the baby.

LOL @ Jack getting like two seconds of screentime. I thought it was unintentionally adorable how Todd bought Jack a beer and 'wanted to hang'. And then Todd all up in Blair who I liked being bitchy towards him. But still clearly affected by him. I've always hated how Todd just expects everyone to forgive him.

Good to see Vimal again. Rama is ... LOL, she's a trip. Meanwhile, curious about the Cutter story.

The Viki/Dorian story is quite good. I'm enjoying it.

Overall, a very solid first week.

• Members

Am I missing something or is Jeffrey reporting to Viki in her house? Viki does look exactly like Victoria Lord, lady of the manor in that chair though. I haven't seen her that regal in years.

• Members

This Viki and Jeffrey stuff is one of the smartest and most complex dynamics on this show in ages.

When he walked out of her home office, the first thing I thought is what I thought the other day: He's going to end up burning her and going to Todd. He means well, but he is young and brash.

The Victor and Tea love scene was too brief - I felt they should've talked first. It was also sort of a primetime pace that I am trying to adjust to.

• Members

Poor Blair and Tea are both saddled with basically spouting exposition right now - that's part of the problem with these shows having to come back after a year and educate lapsed viewers. They do it fairly well, though. I loved Todd offering Jack a beer. Andrew seems better but they are again limiting his lines, perhaps strategically.

The new, more grounded David is still great.

The Vimal/Rama stuff was nice until they just dropped the entire open marriage storyline - which I like a lot - into the last segment. Couldn't they have introduced the idea, had Vimal balk and then let it simmer for a few episodes? I get setting up stories but there are still times I'd like them to slow down.

Archived