Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Why would Muhney, a celebrity of sorts, post something like that as a tweet of the day? He has children! How many of 'those people' have read his tweet and looked at the pics of his kids?

I see that both of them have deleted the tweets, except for the reckless and in very poor taste 'tweet of the day' by Muhney.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember when behind-the-lens disputes would stay somewhat private?

There's only room for one 'crazy-maker' on Y&R and it seems like they have one too many on this show now.

Of course, Y&R's brass are afraid of their various fan-bases so I don't expect them to intervene, unless there is actual physical violence (if that).

And JFP with her behavior is probably sitting on her hands so as not to send some fans into a panic that she's on a firing spree.

This show has been suffering under the weight of excess egos for years now with mostly negative results.

Sometimes I wish this show could just 'wipe the slate clean'. Use Jeanne Cooper's idea of sending some characters off to some charity event by plane and have the jet go down in the Atlantic. Keep the other characters and start fresh.

• Members

If I were JFP, I'd make him wear a mustache for the next six months, just to inflict some discipline. He would see it in the description in the next script and the makeup artists would be pencilling it on until some new growth came on. And if he didn't grow one, I'd instruct props/costume dept to find a nice suitable mustache.

He might choose his words more wisely next time.

• Members

Cross out Y&R, put in GH and you have JFP in a nutshell. She stroked the male egos and indulged fanbases that contributed to GH's decline for years. How do you think she kept that job for so long? Punishments? I suppose it depends on who the man is on the hierarchy, but typically it is the women she puts in their place.

• Members

I know! It's ridicoulus! I was appalled when I read his tweet. What's this guy thinking? He has a new post about an anorexic model who supposedly is not paid enough to buy her some food. WTF???

• Members

LMAO@ your description of NuKyle's chin. It really does have a life of its own..lol. I gotta agree once we saw him in a bigger scene he's definitely a better actor. Blake Hood just seemed a bit juvenile as if he and Summer were about the same age. Then that whiny voice didn't make it much better. So its possible this new guy will better in the role.

• Members

Actually, they go back that far (30 years to be exact) and I find it believable that they are just friends now. Paul has always been caring for his woman, so...

Totally random trivia observation: CBS cut back Y&R's airtime by another 30 seconds as of May 1st. Each episode is now 35 min 50 minus the preview.

Archived