Y&R: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always knew that putting J.T. with Victoria would be lead to the character getting written out or killed. He belonged with the young crowd. He never had any connection to Victoria or that business world. It was always going to be a struggle to write for him outside of that horrible relationship with Victoria. As terrible as the Billy/Victoria marriage has been at least, he is an Abbott so it would not take much imagination to give him something to do. J.T. should have stayed in that triangle with Colleen and Adrian. A WTD would have been perfect for them. Instead, LML does the lazy thing and puts J.T. with Victoria and MAB kills off Colleen.

All the way around AHVictoria sucks life out of her screen partners. She even did it with Brad and Don Diamont could always bring some energy. I always considered Brad a gold digger and social climber, but even I could not understand why he married Victoria when he was in love with Sharon. Just rubbish storytelling. I really hope that JG plans to put a kibosh in Billy and Victoria's marriage, but the plan better not be to bring back J.T. to eventually get involved with her again,

• Members

I doubt JT is coming back. If anything it he probably is just making a cameo appearance to drop off Reed who most likely is staying in GC on a full time basis. That is what I am getting from this storyline, though who knows.

As for Billy and Victoria. I am sure their marriage is in trouble. JG seems to be breaking up all the couples.

• Members

I think the writers become even more lazy when they write for two people dating in real life at the time. AH got pregnant, why they

had to write in her pregnancy. Did she really needed to get pregnant right after she just had a miscarriage.

JT should have stayed between Mac & Colleen.

• Members

So true. Story-wise J.T. and Victoria's relationship along with the pregnancy was nonsensical. I remember rolling my eyes when I found out that TL and AH were involved in real life and they were writing AH's real life pregnancy. Lack of imagination and laziness on the writer's part.

If Reed is back full time, then I hope that Chelsea takes Johnny back from Victoria. Let Victoria ruin her "own" child's life.

• Members

I don't see Chelsea going after Johnny. They are working overtime to make her a decent person. That would erase all her progress. Though I guess they could go there if Victoria and Billy have ended. That would definitely be the storyline to bring them back together. Besides Chelsea can barely handle the unborn one she currently has. I am sure the Victoria vs Chelsea baby battle will come in due time. Does she know Chelsea is knocked up by Adam or not? I think she does.

As for Reed, he will return and then be off screen like the rest of the children. I think they are just bringing him home so people can stop ranting about the fact her son is not with her. I wouldn't be surprised to hear in a few months that he is being sorased to a teen so he can mingle with Summer, Fen, Courtney, etc.

• Members

YAYYYY!! He's making an appearance!!

I agree that he never should have been paired with Mac or Boretoria. I much preferred him as the cad he was when he first started. The show should have kept him that way and made him into the new Brad Carlton instead of the new Paul Williams.

Still, I can't wait to see him again. IMO, Thad is a step above most of the actors on the show right now.

• Members

The only thing I have seen is a twitter exchange between a fan and Brent Boyd (YR writer) where they asked if the mentioning of JT and Reed meant they were returning to the show and he replied - "They were supposed to, but there was an actor availability problem. So that has been delayed." Whatever that means.

• Members

I still think JT's return will be a la Hope: He's sick and dying. It has to be that or something else of a serious nature. That's the only way he'd be willing to send Reed back to Victoria and the family he sees as a bad influence on Reed.

Archived