OLTL-Wednesday, May 1st 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Agreed about the La Boulaie foyer. Way too tiny. The main room is big enough and works.

I HATE the coffee shop but I've loved every scene in there, so ... I'm going to try and avoid beating a dead horse with how awful it is.

Loved everything you said Vee.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked this episode more than the two previous ones. The young group has a very interesting dynamic and I missed Destiny today.

Dorian's scenes were better written today and I like the idea of two people talking while another person is doing something else in the background.

I might start having nightmares of Bo and Nora's dancing soon.

• Members

I like the coffee shop fine. It's the "sign" I have a problem with. I'm ready to get the Angel Square diner back too.

Honestly, though, so many of the wrinkles with the occasional pacing or scenery will work themselves out in time. For a start-up production these are both damn good.

• Members

Just finished watching and it was even better then the two previous episodes! It feels like the show slowed down the pace a bit and showed some character driven scenes. In regards to Todd and David's, it certainly feels like Horgan is head-writer since these past two days have shown the characters acting more like the characters did back in the 1990s. I'm curious if Racina is capable of keeping the more realistic and darker vibe the show has employed the last three days, or if he is more of a campy writer ala RC?

- I loved that the inner family interactions between Dorian/David/Blair/Sam today. I think Dorian is still very over the top, but I noticed it

was a little better then yesterday. I do know that the actress was very sick so that could be affecting her acting a bit.

- Dani's reactions to Victor is so on spot! This was the reaction I was hoping for, and she hasn't had the experience with back to the dead as the other characters have had. She also gave it to Todd, and she was so spot-on. I did like that all the GH events have been mentioned, and in a way, I like that they haven't been forgotten since these new writers can certainly turn gold out of straw.

- I liked the Nora/Matthew scene as well since it reminds me of most conversations I had with my mom in my late teens/early 20s. I even liked that Nora/Bo had some romantic talk once they realized that there are no kids in the house!

- I also loved the brief scene between Tea/Matthew/Jeffery. I did like that she kind of shot down cocky Jeffery which you know wouldn't have happened under Cartini and ABC. He would have been propped by all the characters LOL

- I liked Vicki's scenes with both Todd and Victor. It appears as if she has a different type of relationship with each of them.. and will be interested to see what her take would be on the Dani situation.

• Members

Frankly, I hope Todd remembers that he actually has a daughter that loves him instead of groveling at the feet of this Julie Come Lately. I'm fine with him working overtime to win back my Blair and Jackass onscreen and his Shorty (is she appearing briefly here? If not, I'm fine with hearing references here and there), but I draw the line at that retcon.

• Members

Wow....another great episode. I am so loving the new OLTL. I haven't had much time to comment with work and all, but I think it is really good. I can't wait to see the each episode. Great to have Llanview back again! :)

Wow....another great episode. I am so loving the new OLTL. I haven't had much time to comment with work and all, but I think it is really good. I can't wait to see the each episode. Great to have Llanview back again! :)

• Members

3 episodes late to the celebration, but I have to admit the first episode brought tears to my eyes. I didn't realize how much I missed this show until I watched th first episode. It feels like a soap based in reality. It has heart (so far). I didn't realize how much the remaining network soaps are failing me. There's a lack of depth, a lack of a sense of family connection IMO, and in some instances a lack of intelligence (which to me screams a lack of respect for the audience's collective intelligence...). I record them, but i have no sense of anticipation or urgency to watch them. PP's OLTL has put a smile on this erstwhile dissatisfied soap fan. I'm excited over what's to come.

Archived