OLTL-Wednesday, May 1st 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Dorian is WAY too OTT. I definitely see it.

David is 1000x more tolerable now. So nice to love him again. Loved his exchange with Sam.

Can I just say how much I love Viki. She seems ... this reboot suits the character very well. Erika Slezak is <3 LMAO @ Viki "it's a tabloid" to correct Jeffrey, and teasing Todd. I thought her and Victor worked just fine. They aren't super close but the scenes I felt played well.

Jeffrey and Matthew were ACTUALLY looking at apartments. I liked how they actually showed the apartment in the background on the computer.

Nora/Matthew was wonderful. And real. Same for Bo and Nora about their empty house. I love how the nuOLTL can accomplish SO much even in just a few short scenes. I actually feel into the scenes, even if they are short.

I'm kinda eye-rolling at the Todd/Victor "no I'm the father" crap. IDK. I've never quite enjoyed that and I don't think it does either Victor or Todd any favors. I loved Dani's reaction to Victor and her spot on attitude towards Todd. I can't wait for Dani to eventually rip into Tea. I'm all ready for a drug induced meltdown galore between them. Missal is doing really well.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He wasn't last time we saw him. In the finale, he left town to do work in the service (I think) and bid Jessica adieu. I wouldn't be surprised if they said Jessica and Brody were together in London. Jessica is for sure in London, it's where all the off screen Buchanans go LMAO.

• Members

You know when Tea went back for Victor and he was missing, the next scene had Nora at her apartment with Bo. I thought for sure Vic went there to get Nora to fix his legal issues. I really wonder how long it will take for him to reclaim the inheritance and move forward with his life

I did find it odd that he just walked into Dani's room at the end with Tea. Why have the scene of Tea realizing he was missing then? Odd

• Members

Kudos to KM! She stole the show today from the perfect reaction screaming who are you who are you and her entire body shaking to the way she clung so tightly to TrevorTodd to her eye rolling sarcastic rip into RHTodd. I'm "invisible" poor Dani. She's been through hell and back. What works so well is how much an outsider RH feels in the KM, FL and Trevor hospital scenes. Téa's cancer really cemented this family unit so well. Excellent symbolic shutting the glass door on his face. He's on the outside looking in and so very envious.

I was surprised ES managed to ooze warmth again in her scenes with TrevorTodd. I was transported back to when ES/TSJ played up the siblings vibe so well. But whoa there's a lot more to the story he's holding back. I wonder if he killed Alison... I can't wait until the CIA/tattoo links are explained.

RH finally delivered some real dramatic scenes without any sign of goof - finally!

Today was the first time I started to like NuMatthew. He needs to tone down the smirking though.

OLTL finally joined 2013 with macbooks, HuffingtonPost references... the entire show has a modern flair to it that makes GH look like a dinosaur in comparison.

RS and Dorian continue to be the weakest links. David was tolerable today and Sam remains such a cutie.

• Members

I liked this episode much better; things seemed to flow better.

I'm really warming to Jeffrey now. Loved how he was acting like he knew everybody, just b/c he thinks his name precedes him, but Tea was all like "Who the hell are you? I don't even know you." And even after he introduced himself, she still didn't care. laugh.png

The Matthew/Nora scene felt very realistic. They're capturing their feelings as parents so well, and of course Matthew's need for independence.

Dani's reaction was not what I expected, but that's a good thing. It was in total contrast to how Viki and Blair reacted yesterday. I loved all the Dani/Tea/Victor scenes. One thing that bugged me was Viki not asking Victor why Alison had kidnapped him. I would have thought that would've been a logical follow up question, especially for a reporter.

Can someone explain briefly why Todd switched Tea's baby? I don't watch GH or follow it in any way.

laugh.png @ Todd fumbling with the paper cups (again), and banging the coffee dispenser - and that rubbish bin wouldn't even close like it was supposed to.

I think the new theme suits the end credits very well.

• Members

Blair begged 9month pregnant Téa to travel to GH and defend Starr from attempted murder charges. That brought Téa face to face with RHTodd and they clashed b/c he felt no remorse for killing her husband. RHTodd did claim he felt guilty Téa was hurt and grieving and acted very upset she hated him so much.

Anyhoo, there was a big storm and RHTodd found her all alone and in labor. He delivered her baby in the woods but he wasn't breathing. He couldn't save Téa's baby and Heather suggested he allow Téa to believe Sam's healthy baby was hers. He went along with that plan because he didn't want Téa to hate him even more and blame him for not saving her baby. Téa thanked RHTodd for saving her baby and acted finally like she could forgive him for murdering her husband.

Basically RHTodd lied and lied for months during which time Téa bonded with Sam's baby and then was destroyed when the truth came out. RHTodd kept insisting he told the lie from wanting to spare Téa pain and there's a little truth in there... but mostly it was selfish reasons, he liked that Téa had stopped hating him and feared being blamed for the baby's death. He was a total selfish coward.

• Members

Yep. I agree. I'm loving her right now. It's being played perfectly.

It's also nice to feel like I'm watching Todd again. Even though some are probably tired of him.

I love Robin but girl has to calm down. I gave it a couple of episodes. Dorian is exhausting. But I'm glad she seems to have a current storyline that is absolutely bringing some much needed realism. I loved Viki going to her to have the Banner be the one to break her resignation. Robin and Erika just bring out the best in each other. I loved Blair's overall uninterested involvement. I feel like I'm watching Blair again. She looks fantastic too.

I see it as Dorian just being Dorian and refusing to give up even when she knows she's screwed. Robin's playing it well but does need to tone it down. Dorian IS larger than life but still ...

• Members

Thanks TeamEric. All very helpful, as I can add context to what is going on.

I can see there could be some decent character stuff from that baby switch, but if Todd was only doing to it spare Tea any more pain (and as you say, so she didn't hate him all over again), then didn't he spare a thought for the pain he would inflict on Sam? Or, didn't she matter? There's cowardly, then there's just plain twisted.

IA Cheap: Dani has become the new young star of the show, and I like that.

• Members

Sam was irrelevant as he didn't know her when he made the switch. For what its worth, he did feel bad for the pain she was going through and he tried to make it up, by giving her a job, but he didn't feel bad enough to come clean about the switch while he watched her grieved

Archived