DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Just caught up on this week's batch of episodes... really enjoyed seeing different characters interact- that's what really makes the sense of community on any soap quality. And IMO, community is one of the most important characteristics of soaps. Loved seeing scenes (and well written scenes at that!) between Sami/Adrienne, Victor/John, Sami/Sonny, Justin/EJ, and Eric/Brady.. Loved the Nick/Sami scenes and of course Hope/Marlena is always gold... Also, loved seeing how Lauren Boles is stealing the show in the scenes she is in. Please keep this girl and let her grow up on the show!! She's one of the best characters Days has on the canvas. Period.

One last thought - I don't think storyline is ready for this just yet.. but down the road (maybe next year) I would LOVE to see Susan Banks return! I definitely don't want ED to be overworked the way she was in 1997/98 playing 5 roles! Insane! But to balance her out to reprise Susan (at least for a few months) would be awesome!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching the marathon on SoapNet now... this show continues to deliver. Sami/Sonny/Adrienne/E.J. teaming up to steal Nick's flash drives was hilarious and entertaining. Victor's "do you have to sleep with her? Why don't you just kill her?" was hilarious. Kristen's whole plot to sleep with John and get caught by Brady is entertaining but it would be kinda sexy if Drake weren't so gross these days sad.png

Kristen's hair is so Amy Winehouse wish they would fix it.

• Members

This show is doing great again!

I loved today's episode with the adoption papers -- really raises the stake for Kristen. Will this get Kristen to reconsider her plan? Does she want to be a mom more than she wants revenge on Marlena? Also loved Kristen's scene with Eric, with Kristen not being able to bite her tongue about how she really felt about Marlena (seemed like she was actually making good points about Marlena too, though I wasn't watching in the 90s), and Eric struggling not to lose his temper. I am sure John and Marlena fans are probably still unhappy that John is not including Marlena in his plan, but I thought it was heartbreaking when John told Roman to take care of her and when Victor urged her to walk away now because he knew what was coming up next (although Marlena probably thought it seemed rude and directed at her being meddlesome).

I agree that Rafe and Kate need to stop breaking up though.

• Members

LMAO! I gotta love Anne

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 9h

Please! I'd just have to fake appendicitis and I'd get laid! “@keirapadmore: Anne jealous because Jen getting some from Dan #days

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 15h

Horton sleeps in and misses work whenever she wants... seriously, why is she even paid? She's not J-LO making an appearance! #DAYS #DOOL

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 15h

I've got mace in my purse! #NoMeansNo@Prevuze: Daniel... Anne... face to face. I'm surprised he didn't cop a feel. #DAYS

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 16h

I'm in it, so that automatically makes it awesome. “@dLggy: How was today's #Days?”

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 16h

I feel like I should meet @StefanoDiMera - we're both evil and fierce. We'd be a match made in heaven... or hell. #DAYS #DOOL

Anne Milbauer@AnneMilbauer 26 Apr

I agree! It's time they fired that bitch Horton for good! “@daysfan2001: @nbcdays Anne needs happiness in her life. #DAYS

• Members

Drake is truly just atrocious. He is giving absolutely zero charisma. I still wish John had stayed dead when he was run down.

I have really enjoyed days the past couple episodes, hopefully it keeps improving because basically the past month was just terrible. Even I checked out for a bit.

• Members

Good episode Monday -- even though it involved Dannifer and Drake Hogestyn's constipated emoting. I love Anne SO MUCH and am so glad she is around to give Mary-Sue grief. Interesting idea about Anne and Lucas, Michael! Something tells me that even paired as allies, the humor and snark would be something to watch.

As for John Black, he is hardly a brainbox, is he? He is almost playing the coldness too well -- it's like he truly cannot stand Marlena and not just pretending. Personally, I think Marlena can do better than ole dry-mouth Roman. What I would give to see Stefano woo his Queen of the Night -- and for Marlena to accept and move in with him, if only to unsettle Kristen, SAMI ( :lol: ), John and Kate. OMG, the Kate hate! I would die for more Grandma Wars.

Going to watch yesterday's episode soon. Hope it's a good one.

• Members

OMG! Just saw Tuesday. Eileen was *amazing* and loved the brief flashback to her and Marlena in the secret room.

Ciara is so much WIN. I love that she has her own SL which is tangental to the umbrella story. Days is the soap I am enjoying most right now and a big part of that is the sense of community and multi-generationalism.

• Members

+1 on Drake.

I've been enjoying the show consistently since Xmas. It's solid if not spectacular - the scripts are really what make it for me. I'm surprised you didn't like it because the writing for Sami has been the best in at least a decade for her character imho. I haven't liked Sami this much since Austin left her at the altar in Vegas - how many years ago was that?

Eileen has a zillion scenes to submit for best actress next year already - I hope she does.

I loved Ciara pretty much rolling her eyes at Sami. She's fantastic.

I am also loving more Judi Evans and Wally Kurth with Justin working with EJ.

It's too early for me to form an opinion on JJ yet (only seen up to Tuesday) but color me shocked when Jen saw him for the first time - MR actually exuded warmth and happiness that seemed genuine and believable, something she hasn't hasn't done since... oh 1993. I had to rewind and rewatch just to make sure I was not imagining it!

Archived